PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 B5 mileage correction

cris_rover
28th December, 2009, 11:32 PM
Hello. I have a little problem. I recently bought a VAG-COM interface, and a VAG-TACHO. VAG-COM works fine, but VAG-TACHO doesn't. It connects to my car's ecu, lets me read/write eeprom, reads PIN from im*o, but, when I press change mileage a message appears: Seek mileage record... and there it stops. No error message, no nothing. Tried it on a Skoda Fabia 2006 - the same. On a Passat Variant 2005 worked ok, read the mileage and he would let me change it.

My car is an Audi A4 B5 1.8 1995.

According to VAG-TACHO, I have an im*o Box Audi/WV GOL (Megamos/Kostal), at least that's the only ecu I can connect.
VAG-TACHO version:2.5
On some readme it says not to try to use the cable with another version of this software, because it can ruin the cable.

If it can't be done with vag tacho... can anybody tell me how it's done?

TISHKA25
1st January, 2010, 04:48 PM
If dash UKNSI read eeprom...

episcop
1st January, 2010, 04:55 PM
I'm have same problem with A4 B5 95y (xxx xxx 033k) Vag-tacho 2.5 don't connect, but vag k-can 3.0 via K read eeprom end change millage. Skoda 2006 only via can.

drpeter
1st January, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hello. I have a little problem. I recently bought a VAG-COM interface, and a VAG-TACHO. VAG-COM works fine, but VAG-TACHO doesn't. It connects to my car's ecu, lets me read/write eeprom, reads PIN from im*o, but, when I press change mileage a message appears: Seek mileage record... and there it stops. No error message, no nothing. Tried it on a Skoda Fabia 2006 - the same. On a Passat Variant 2005 worked ok, read the mileage and he would let me change it.

My car is an Audi A4 B5 1.8 1995.

According to VAG-TACHO, I have an im*o Box Audi/WV GOL (Megamos/Kostal), at least that's the only ecu I can connect.
VAG-TACHO version:2.5
On some readme it says not to try to use the cable with another version of this software, because it can ruin the cable.

If it can't be done with vag tacho... can anybody tell me how it's done?

Not all cluster software is supported by VAG Tacho, you can try other tools like vag k+can commander or if your dash is UK NSI then you have to remove the cluster and program the 93c56 eprom on back of board with a programmer. You don't have to remove the needles or remove the chip, just short the x-tal and clip the chip. I use several tools for adjusting mileage.

Yesterday I had 2 audi TT's both 1999, one worked with vagtacho 1.6 and not with diga, the other one only with diga and not with vagtacho. So you need several tools to do this job (both Magneti Marelli M73 clusters).

fufuj69
3rd February, 2010, 10:44 AM
I have the same probleme on a TT Mk1 vagtacho doesn't work and vag k commander doesn't work.

How can i download diga? does it work with a vag tacho or a vag commander usb cable? thanks

cris_rover
3rd February, 2010, 01:17 PM
I have the same probleme on a TT Mk1 vagtacho doesn't work and vag k commander doesn't work.

How can i download diga? does it work with a vag tacho or a vag commander usb cable? thanks

It seems, from what i've learned so far, that on my version of the dashboard, you have to manually connect to the eeprom, (dissasembly the cluster) read it with an eeprom reader, decode the mileage, the write it back. You cannot connect to this cluster with VAG. (In order to change mileage)

florinyes
3rd February, 2010, 04:40 PM
That seems to be correct..

Ta

papjack
9th February, 2010, 05:04 PM
Not all cluster software is supported by VAG Tacho, you can try other tools like vag k+can commander or if your dash is UK NSI then you have to remove the cluster and program the 93c56 eprom on back of board with a programmer. You don't have to remove the needles or remove the chip, just short the x-tal and clip the chip

Well I bought 2 cables from eBay and none of them work with vagtachousb. One of them is a black K+CAN COMMANDER FULL and the other is a Blue one. Both said K-Line to USB interface not found ! could you please tell me how ? I have the same problem, I've had a UK NSI dash in my car, changed it to VDO with MFA FIS from same year. I could get the login for the VDO and learned the Keys to it. but now it does not recognize my UK-NSI Dash anymore. All I need is the Login code for the UK-NSI dash. How do I get it. I've got a laptop and a desktop, the UK-NSI is in my trunk so I can take it to pieces anytime. Could you send me some pics wich controller do I have to clip and on wich pins, and how do I connect it to my computer, also wich program do I need. I am from germany, if I need some special tool I can borrow them from my father i n law or buy maybe from Conrad.de
The thing is I want to put desperatly the UK-NSI one back to change the SMD LED's in the VDO from red to white. I've done it already on the UK-NSI and it looks great but the needles are orange, as I saw the VDo has sepparate LED's for the needles so on that it would look even better with white cluster and red needles. Please reply, I beg you, or post me a PM or send me a mail to ms99ppj@yahoo.com with pics or stuff that I need to get the damn LOGIN CODE for the UK-NSI cause I plan to sell the car in 2-3 months and 'till now I would like to finish the work on the cluster part at least.

Thanks in advance, best regards from Germany
Papjack

drpeter
9th February, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well I bought 2 cables from eBay and none of them work with vagtachousb. One of them is a black K+CAN COMMANDER FULL and the other is a Blue one. Both said K-Line to USB interface not found ! could you please tell me how ? I have the same problem, I've had a UK NSI dash in my car, changed it to VDO with MFA FIS from same year. I could get the login for the VDO and learned the Keys to it. but now it does not recognize my UK-NSI Dash anymore. All I need is the Login code for the UK-NSI dash. How do I get it. I've got a laptop and a desktop, the UK-NSI is in my trunk so I can take it to pieces anytime. Could you send me some pics wich controller do I have to clip and on wich pins, and how do I connect it to my computer, also wich program do I need. I am from germany, if I need some special tool I can borrow them from my father i n law or buy maybe from Conrad.de
The thing is I want to put desperatly the UK-NSI one back to change the SMD LED's in the VDO from red to white. I've done it already on the UK-NSI and it looks great but the needles are orange, as I saw the VDo has sepparate LED's for the needles so on that it would look even better with white cluster and red needles. Please reply, I beg you, or post me a PM or send me a mail to ms99ppj@yahoo.com with pics or stuff that I need to get the damn LOGIN CODE for the UK-NSI cause I plan to sell the car in 2-3 months and 'till now I would like to finish the work on the cluster part at least.

Thanks in advance, best regards from Germany
Papjack

Remove the 93c56 see picture and read it with an eprom reader like willem

NEWEST Willem EPROM Programmer PIC BIOS, Shipfrom USA - eBay (item 310124490071 end time Feb-16-10 23:53:29 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWEST-Willem-EPROM-Programmer-PIC-BIOS-Shipfrom-USA_W0QQitemZ310124490071QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item4834dc2d57)

Post the dump on this website and I will give you the login, you have to get the login from cluster eprom because before 2000 the login is not implemented in the ECU. After 2000 you could read the code from the ECU (=same code as cluster) you are not lucky.

papjack
9th February, 2010, 10:53 PM
do I have to remove the chip from the board or is there any way not to remove it? I am not that good with unsoldering and soldering things.

drpeter
10th February, 2010, 10:19 AM
do I have to remove the chip from the board or is there any way not to remove it? I am not that good with unsoldering and soldering things.

Shortcut the x-tal and clip the chip is also possible.

tachonow
10th February, 2010, 10:59 AM
Man they are new newbye in this trouble. Dont put them in smog. The simplyest way is to desolder chip and read it with the very simple programmer they have. An 8 pin chip is very simple to desolder even with desoldering iron without hot air station. Lasciare loro bate la sua testa.

tachonow
10th February, 2010, 11:00 AM
Man they are new newbye in this trouble. Dont put them in smog. The simplyest way is to desolder chip and read it with the very simple programmer they have. An 8 pin chip is very simple to desolder even with desoldering iron without hot air station. Lasciare loro bate la sua testa.

drpeter
10th February, 2010, 11:03 AM

A newby desoldering? He asked me for another way, clipping is the most simple way. I think a newby don't have a solder- hot air station.

papjack
10th February, 2010, 08:53 PM
Man they are new newbye in this trouble. Dont put them in smog. The simplyest way is to desolder chip and read it with the very simple programmer they have. An 8 pin chip is very simple to desolder even with desoldering iron without hot air station. Lasciare loro bate la sua testa. = let him bate his head
- translated - well 10q ragazzo

il mio italiano non e che buona, ma ho chiesto aiuto, se non si vuole quindi zitto e lasciare che gli altri farlo

BTW I may be a newbie on this site and UK-NSI dash but in other matters I like to help people and I don't put them bricks in the way.

hollow
11th February, 2010, 12:11 AM
hi slight change of subject but what do i need to reprogram audi a3 2005 vdo clocks with 93lc86 eeprom

is it possible to dump it with vag commander ?

or do i have to buy a programmer and read/write that way ?

if its programmer method will a willem do this or where in the uk can i get a suitable tool

thanks

papjack
12th February, 2010, 11:02 PM
hi slight change of subject but what do i need to reprogram audi a3 2005 vdo clocks with 93lc86 eeprom

is it possible to dump it with vag commander ?

or do i have to buy a programmer and read/write that way ?

if its programmer method will a willem do this or where in the uk can i get a suitable tool

thanks

Why and what do you want to reprogram at it ? You'll need a Laptop with XP, USB port, a K+CAN USB Interface, the ones you find at eBay, the cheap one will do it also, but don't install the drivers that came with it. Download the latest from the FTDI Homepage. If you need the LOGIN for the dash, get VAG K+CAN Commandeer FULL 1.4 (you'll find it here on the site) and install it. Get the latest FTDI drivers from the FTDI Homepage (http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm) NOT THE D2XX Drivers!!! Run the Program, select your com port, and go to Instruments/cluster - there select your dash type and click READ EEPROM - now you have the LOGIN. Close the program, and open VAG COM. Go to address 17 Cluster/Instruments and login with your login.If your login has 4 digits type a 0 in front of it. example if login is 1234 type in the box 01234 and hit enter. now you can go to adaptation and change there everything you want.

Have FUN !

Papjack

Life's a shitty game but the graphics are awesome.

papjack
10th April, 2010, 01:25 PM
Need the LOGIN for the im*o from this DUMP. please reply asap pls pls to papjack@1email.eu

BTW it's a UK-NSI Dash dump from a A4 2,5 TDI quattro 28.04.1998

Bast
22nd March, 2021, 01:56 PM

Can you explain what is "shortcut the x-tal"? Tnks