PDA

View Full Version : Warranty on Eurovox EX7000

oracle
29th December, 2009, 12:34 AM
I am trying to find out the procedure if a Eurovox box stopped working and is still under warranty. I understand we have 1 year warranty on these boxes. I bought a box 10 months ago but now it has stopped working and not coming on at all.

I will really appriciate your help on this as I dont know how to sort this out.

Thanks.

oracle
29th December, 2009, 12:43 AM
Please help...........

badapple
29th December, 2009, 03:49 AM
if you have purchased from a well known seller, then they will replace/repair the box if its faulty. usually the sellers say if you use unofficial firmware on the box then the warrenty is invalid.
best to read the sellers return/warrenty policy first.

oracle
29th December, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your reply,
I bought this from dvb junkie website which is not online at the moment. I have tried contacting them via email and also sent messages to ZEMME who I think was running it but no reply so far.

The firmware was already installed on it so I haven't even updated that yet but I think the box was covered even if the software was updated on it.

Anyone knows how to contact dvb junkie?

Thanks

frickerd
29th December, 2009, 01:27 PM
hi when you turn it on does it just have faint red lines on the display and seems dead

lincsat
29th December, 2009, 02:26 PM
I can't speak for DVBJunkie, but Eurovox have 6 Months warranty as standard if you return the registration card on the back page of the instruction book

oracle
29th December, 2009, 03:08 PM
hi when you turn it on does it just have faint red lines on the display and seems dead

Yes Frickerd, exactly this is happening. For a day or two it was just saying rebooting then going dead and I would then unplug it from the mains then it would work. But it did the same thing couple of days ago and never cam back on and is showing red stripes on the display.

Do you know what it is and anyway I can fix it.

Many thanks for your reply.

frickerd
29th December, 2009, 03:57 PM
Two capacitors on the power board have blown.
if you open your box up look at it head on, to the left is the power board you need to desolder two points c12 and c14 you sholud see the capacitors are abit raised on the top where they have blown resolder new capacitors, they are 10v capacitor thats the problem. i replaced mine with 12v works perfect Its really an easy fix cost 59p from maplins,

i got my ex7000 from dvb junkie blanked me as well so fix it my self lol

oracle
30th December, 2009, 01:52 PM
Many thanks for your help frickerd,

I have been told that DVB Junkie is moving premises at the moment so he might contact me soon. I am not an expert in electronics but if he doesn't contact me in the next few days then I will try to sort this out myself as you explained.