PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W212 Colour Cluster Dump Offset Query and Help

gibsonk
11th September, 2019, 12:04 AM
Hello, i have currently swapped my cluster to a 2014 W212 cluster, i have put this into my 2010 W204.

I managed to extract the eeprom dump, reset the mileage to zero and program my SSID, i then initialised this with DAS, copied over my Assyst data.

I have encountered three issues that i hope someone here can give me a pointer with the offsets or help to identify the offsets i need.

When i initialized the cluster the first time it failed due to the "Drive Authorisation" already existing, i got around this by adding my SSID to the dump but ideally should have cleared the drive authorisation but could not find the offset.

Does anyone know where to look for the drive auth offset ? not the SSID this is different.

The second issue is when the traction control is triggered the Diesel preheat lamp LED lights up, this is only since the AMG menu was enabled, i am aware this has to be corrected in the dump but again i am at a loss to understand how to find the relevant offset

The last consideration is how to enable the AMG power menu's, but that's not really important, just for fun and knowledge

If anyone has any tips on how to analyse the dump to find what i need or can help with the offsets that would be really helpful.

I have attached the dump without my SSID coded for reference

Thank you in advance

gibsonk
11th September, 2019, 10:28 AM
I would expect the EZS or EIS serial number to be written to the cluster dump but can't find this to exist in my old cluster dump.

I have been looking at a dump that has the Drive Auth cleared albeit from a different cluster, and have some possible offsets, i did this by comparing areas that are blank against areas that have written data of more than 8 bytes (just a guess) in my old cluster dump and one with known cleared drive auth

but i am clutching at straws without being clear on what i am looking for

2a7
5a0
bd0
19a

gibsonk
14th September, 2019, 11:22 PM
Bump,

Anyone have advice for me