PDA

View Full Version : PPD 1.2 - write over OBD - dpf off nightmare

deltaboypt
15th September, 2019, 12:22 AM
Hi people,

Need a little help from you if possible.

I bought a Passat B6 2.0 170hp that has an Siemens PPD 1.2 ECU.

Supposedly the previous owner of the car have paid to remove the DPF and for remap but after I bought and ride the car almost for the last 1 year DPF light starts to appear in the dash (but no error when diagnose with vcds, already checked and have most of DTC switchs off).

For now I already read the ECU on bench (With FGTech clone), so I have a full BDM read in case of something goes wrong.

After analyse the maps with PPDMaps I see lots of things wrong, so for now my goal is to put everything with original values and start from the beginning (try to do the dpf and remap job myself).

I compare an original file and put all the original values to my bdm file, I corrected the checksum and I tryed to write it with FGtech via OBD but here started my problems... I can read this ECU with FGtech via OBD and BDM but I can't write (it shows me wake error).

Can someone help me with this? I don't want to write on bech because I need to repeat the writes some times until I found a good dpf off solution and even for a future remap...

Do you think I need other programmer to do this via OBD?

Thank you guys and thank anyone who can help me

James83
15th September, 2019, 07:17 AM
Hi people,

Need a little help from you if possible.

I bought a Passat B6 2.0 170hp that has an Siemens PPD 1.2 ECU.

Supposedly the previous owner of the car have paid to remove the DPF and for remap but after I bought and ride the car almost for the last 1 year DPF light starts to appear in the dash (but no error when diagnose with vcds, already checked and have most of DTC switchs off).

For now I already read the ECU on bench (With FGTech clone), so I have a full BDM read in case of something goes wrong.

After analyse the maps with PPDMaps I see lots of things wrong, so for now my goal is to put everything with original values and start from the beginning (try to do the dpf and remap job myself).

I compare an original file and put all the original values to my bdm file, I corrected the checksum and I tryed to write it with FGtech via OBD but here started my problems... I can read this ECU with FGtech via OBD and BDM but I can't write (it shows me wake error).

Can someone help me with this? I don't want to write on bech because I need to repeat the writes some times until I found a good dpf off solution and even for a future remap...

Do you think I need other programmer to do this via OBD?

Thank you guys and thank anyone who can help meTry with kess v2.

a500tut
15th September, 2019, 09:24 AM
Hello, I'm did remap this car without any problem by mpps v13, the previous owner did the shutdown of dpf and egr, I did stage1 about 200hp. Perhaps you are doing something wrong, try to write the file on the OBD that you read on the machine, on the OBD you can not write the BDM file and vice versa.

deltaboypt
15th September, 2019, 01:14 PM
Hello, I'm did remap this car without any problem by mpps v13, the previous owner did the shutdown of dpf and egr, I did stage1 about 200hp. Perhaps you are doing something wrong, try to write the file on the OBD that you read on the machine, on the OBD you can not write the BDM file and vice versa.

Yeah I already try it... Today I tryed my old Galletto 2 (v51) and it started to write but I crashed the ECU.... Fortunately I have the backup and everything is working now (but I have to remove and open ECU again...).

Can you help me with the dpf off solution? Because every information I get from the Internet people say that after some miles the dpf light starts to appear again...

I send in attach the read I do by OBD and the one I do from BDM (full flash), the goal is to have it stock with dpf off (don't need the remap for now, this is our day to day car to ride with our little son ). Only makes sense a little remap if it gives us a little better consumption efficiency.

Thanks

a500tut
15th September, 2019, 01:35 PM
You can try my work solution egr dpf off without tuning. Thanks and try :)

goyodesanctis
16th September, 2019, 08:51 PM
I can help you. I have manual solution files. I work with kess v2 for Siemens PPD in obd2

Enviado desde mi Aquaris_A4.5 mediante Tapatalk

deltaboypt
17th September, 2019, 09:24 AM
You can try my work solution egr dpf off without tuning. Thanks and try :)
Hello a500tut,
Thank you very much for the file.
I merge the values of your file no my BDM read and I write it on bench with fgtech (I still can't write by obd).
Good and bad news... I already ride 150kms and car is very good and smooth, no more smoke, good response in low revs (better than with previous remap) and better consumptions, but.... DPF light starts on again after 130kms, don't know what to do... Do I need to disconnect some sensor?
Thanks

deltaboypt
17th September, 2019, 09:27 AM
I can help you. I have manual solution files. I work with kess v2 for Siemens PPD in obd2

Hello,
Maybe it's better to buy some kess V2 on eBay to try write by obd...
About the manual solution, @a500tut already send me a file with stock values and dfp off but light still starts on... This is strange because I buy this car almost a year and this only starts now... No errors are recorded on ECU when I checked with vcds. Do you have some tip?

a500tut
17th September, 2019, 11:30 AM
Yes dpf sensors must be off, this car of my client and he now have about 200hp without any errors! :D

goyodesanctis
17th September, 2019, 01:30 PM
Hello,
Maybe it's better to buy some kess V2 on eBay to try write by obd...
About the manual solution, @a500tut already send me a file with stock values and dfp off but light still starts on... This is strange because I buy this car almost a year and this only starts now... No errors are recorded on ECU when I checked with vcds. Do you have some tip?Once more. You are here from 2011 and 5 messages. I offer help for free but you didn't response anyway. Do you want my help or not? I think I can do It without any trouble. No dtc with vcds? Regards.
If you want you can give your response. Thank you mate

deltaboypt
17th September, 2019, 02:14 PM
Once more. You are here from 2011 and 5 messages. I offer help for free but you didn't response anyway. Do you want my help or not? I think I can do It without any trouble. No dtc with vcds? Regards.
If you want you can give your response. Thank you mate

Hello,
Of course I want your help and I appreciate a lot that, thanks.
As I say in my previous answer, @a500tut send me a file with stock values and with him dpf off solution, everything is fine with the car but dpf light cames up again....
I don't have any error in VCDS and after stop and start the car some minutes latter light goes off again and I can ride more some kms and then light comes on again... But I don't have disconnected any sensors yet and maybe as @a500tut say me I need to do that first...
If you can send me a stock file with you solution I can only say VERY THANKS ;)
Thank you all guys for your help.

goyodesanctis
18th September, 2019, 02:53 PM
Hello,
Of course I want your help and I appreciate a lot that, thanks.
As I say in my previous answer, @a500tut send me a file with stock values and with him dpf off solution, everything is fine with the car but dpf light cames up again....
I don't have any error in VCDS and after stop and start the car some minutes latter light goes off again and I can ride more some kms and then light comes on again... But I don't have disconnected any sensors yet and maybe as @a500tut say me I need to do that first...
If you can send me a stock file with you solution I can only say VERY THANKS ;)
Thank you all guys for your help.Ok. I will make file this afternoon. Regards mate

goyodesanctis
18th September, 2019, 05:26 PM
My file mate.If I helped press thx+rep to get pass.Regards

666_devil
18th September, 2019, 07:33 PM
HI

Put original maps in car do DPF reset with VCDS or similar, then write DPF off and tune file, and you will not have any more problems.
Did at leas 5 those cars never had issue by doing them this way.

deltaboypt
18th September, 2019, 09:11 PM
My file mate.If I helped press thx+rep to get pass.Regards

Hi!
Very thanks for the file.
I need to buy kess v2 or a MPPS because for some reason I can't write by OBD... I think my battery is good but with galletto v51 in the last saturday when it started do flash the fan of car started to work and the voltage as dropped and next it crashes... do you think it's better to take off some fuse or something like that to don't have lots of things consuming energy while flashing by OBD?
I will give you rep + thanks because even if I can't test it now your try to help is more than sufficient! the same for @a500tut (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/523098-a500tut) and all other people in the forum who tries to help the others ;)
Thanks

a500tut
18th September, 2019, 10:04 PM
On this machine, a flash on OBD is read for a long time, but recording will occur very quickly, in about 1 minute, the fan can be turned off with a fuse.

goyodesanctis
24th September, 2019, 07:40 PM
I have had many experiences with this ecu, there is no problem that you can write it by BDM, I in that case, I always use external variable power supply, not the one that usually comes in the interface, because siemens ppd are very sensitive to amperage and it is preferably give more than 12.3 volts to ensure a good reading and writing process.
Try the file, without resetting anything and you will see how it should work perfectly. Greetings !!!