PDA

View Full Version : is this true???

yorkslad
29th December, 2009, 10:27 AM
was just looking on ebay at freesat boxes and seen someone selling a book thing on how to get 100s / 1000s more channels on freesat, its this true ??? have a look HUMAX HD FREESAT BOX & DISH SET UP + 1,000'S X CHANNELS on eBay (end time 29-Dec-09 12:24:01 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUMAX-HD-FREESAT-BOX-DISH-SET-UP-1-000S-X-CHANNELS_W0QQitemZ320467184389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item4a9d552b05#ht_3499wt_11 65)

Bulld0g
29th December, 2009, 10:48 AM
If it looks to good to be true it usually is :) The only way to pick up lots of channels legally is to get a motorised dish and scan for FTA channels on different satellites.

gmb45
29th December, 2009, 10:58 AM
i agree with pt bd, its a con, and there no bids on it when there should be loads if it was true, which it aint

cactikid
29th December, 2009, 12:02 PM
satellite antennas, satellite antenna : Visiosat (http://www.visiosat.com/home/gamme/category-index.php?cat=1)
he might be looking at something like that which will give you more channels on more sats.

aftermath
29th December, 2009, 12:08 PM
All that info has been taken from Forums and someone has put the info on CD, If you do a google for those books, they are available for free on eBooks.

another dickhead trying to make a few pennies out of all the work the experts have done over the years.

Manic01
29th December, 2009, 12:18 PM
eBay Feedback Profile for freesat_box (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=freesat_box&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365)

cactikid
29th December, 2009, 02:21 PM
all about making a profit with people that can be conned.

2tone
30th December, 2009, 03:23 PM
I think the humax hd freesat receiver has a hiden menu or has an option to use a motor seen some thing about this before also there might be a cam slot on it so yes it could open chans with the likes of a diablo cam and so on could even link to a share if set up with the right stuff but as said you dont need to buy it off him to find this out as its all here on the net for free to do it your self

bluemagpie
4th January, 2010, 04:21 PM
hi i have a humax box, if you go into memery and press non freesat channels you get hundreds more channels, there is alot off free ones and all the scrambled ones

LES777
1st April, 2010, 03:55 PM
All that info has been taken from Forums and someone has put the info on CD, If you do a google for those books, they are available for free on eBooks.

another dickhead trying to make a few pennies out of all the work the experts have done over the years.

Not quite true gentlemen, I am actually FREESAT_BOX the seller of the disputed item, REGARDING NO BIDS, I HAVE ACTUALLY SOLD OVER 1500 ON Ebay and over 3000 on just one of my websites.NO PLUGS PLEASE I am the author of the books and a satellite engineer with many years experience.
The books show everything from how to self install a system cheaply to installing many more channels than standard.
Thousands of clients have thanked me for all our help and support, Ebay feedback is 99.5% positive, not an easy number to achieve.
They are not available for free on Ebooks, try to buy one and see, they ask you to pay to register then they do not have the book, they robot pick all book names and list them.
My work is all my own and copyrighted with no re sale rights given. Our company name is FREE SAT TV
Regarding the members on here who refer to me as a dickhead and a conman, I reserve judgement on their intelligence.
Might have been decent of critics to contact me before the kangaroo court of faceless spineless judges gave their verdict.

LES777
1st April, 2010, 03:59 PM
i agree with pt bd, its a con, and there no bids on it when there should be loads if it was true, which it aint

What a pathetic quote, the items are bid or 'buy it now format' with over 1500 sold with a 95% feedback score so why a con?:eviltongue:

PremierD
1st April, 2010, 04:00 PM
Oh! Dear....................... lol

patkins
1st April, 2010, 11:06 PM
Not quite true gentlemen, I am actually FREESAT_BOX the seller of the disputed item, REGARDING NO BIDS, I HAVE ACTUALLY SOLD OVER 1500 ON Ebay and over 3000 on just one of my websites.NO PLUGS PLEASE I am the author of the books and a satellite engineer with many years experience.
The books show everything from how to self install a system cheaply to installing many more channels than standard.
Thousands of clients have thanked me for all our help and support, Ebay feedback is 99.5% positive, not an easy number to achieve.
They are not available for free on Ebooks, try to buy one and see, they ask you to pay to register then they do not have the book, they robot pick all book names and list them.
My work is all my own and copyrighted with no re sale rights given. Our company name is FREE SAT TV
Regarding the members on here who refer to me as a dickhead and a conman, I reserve judgement on their intelligence.
Might have been decent of critics to contact me before the kangaroo court of faceless spineless judges gave their verdict. Hi LES777 and welcome to DK. I am not a Satellite Engineer but with the cheapest of receivers I have thousands of channels without buying into any subscription platforms but being mindful of the day that is in it (1st. April) would now rest my case.

bradhome10
5th April, 2010, 02:17 AM
looks good

patkins
5th April, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi bradhome10 and welcome to DK.

scotty_dotty
8th April, 2010, 01:24 AM
On the humax boxes u can enter the engineer menu and use it to control a motorised dish outwith the usual non freesat mode. Last scan I done at work I picked up over 700 chans in non freesat - through the other way I'm not sure what you'll get. Father ted posted a reply to my thread on this topic with more detail and a sat enthusiast who I spoke to at work has advised me that there are more boxes other than the humax that are capable of this and was having a few folks try it out.

sprayer
12th April, 2010, 06:40 PM
feedback says it all

mrsboop
12th April, 2010, 07:14 PM
hi, new to all this but looking for a cheaper way to watch sky or virgin tv.
what is this cheap box and 1000's of channels free i'd like one of those

thanks

patkins
14th April, 2010, 12:03 PM
To answer your second question first: The cheapest box is probably the kit you can get from the cheap German chains like Lidl or Aldi -I say kit because they come complete with dish, receiver ,cables etc. all for well under 100 pounds. These will give you 1000`s of channels though not all in the English laungage according to where you point your dish. For instance if you point your dish to 28E you will get the free channels from Sly-a few hundred mixed channels-you wont get any of the paid for Sly stuff unless you go the subscription router with Sly. There are plenty of other sats up there with lots of foreign language content. aS TO YOUR FIRST QUESTION ; It`s the subscription route for the two companys you mention but there are more expensive and more technically formatted receivers on the market which may be more suitable to what you are looking for but I am not qualified to comment on something that I dont have or know little about. Someone else may reply with a sounder knowledge to help you. You have posted your request onto the tail end of a much longer thread where it could be less noticed. Unless you want to post a new thread with the same wording you have used. It is more likely to be seen and answered if it was out on its own.