PDA

View Full Version : VW golf gt tdi 110 bhp ECU

ToPPeRs
29th December, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hi all.

Here i have a vw golf gt tdi 110 bhp also my brother has the same car on a t reg mine is on v reg im thinking mine is a different ecu as my brother under the hud looks different to mine i have sensors in places he aint got them his is the gt tdi also. I was wondering if i can take a dump from my ecu and use it for learning purposes with either a galletto 1260 or the kwp 2000 plus. i have read alot around the net that specific ecu's on these models have to have the eeprom removed and programed as they can not be done thru the obd port on the car i would like to find all the info on this model i can. as after looking under the hood of my brothers car im thinking my ecu might be newer ( might not be but i would like to know ) also i would like to know which cable would i be better getting as i do alot of work with VW vehicles i would like to know the best either galletto 1260 or the kwp 2000 plus would suite me best thanks to all for the advice.

The reason i would like to know is im gunna learn how to remap these type of vehicles VW, Audi, SEAT, SKoda, as i know they all take the same OBD socket and are all done by VW but mainly i really would like to learn how and what parts of the map i need to play with and what they do to the vehicle to increase the power then maybe in a year or 2 start tuning friends cars for them. But most of all LEARN what to do and get some knowledge on ECU'S and clusters and maps thanks again to that help.

the reason im asking here is that there is NOTHING much about the 110bhp model there are loads about the 115 130, 150 nothing on the 90 or the 110bhp models.

i know i can fit 2.5 tranporter injectors to mine and the 150bhp turbo with a fitment to give it the power but remap will be needed i want to learn everything i can before anything.

I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR MY CAR BUT I NEED TO LEARN IT ALL FIRST. like reading the maps and tuning them and so FIRST.

Dont have a go at me for thinking im a wanna be tunner IM NOT i want to learn and i would like to learn on my own car first and get it how i want it.

THANKS AGAIN TO THAT HELP..

FOR THE CRITICS OR SO CALLED EXPERTS THAT DONT WANT TO HELP THATS YOUR CHOICE DONT ABUSE FOR SOMEONE WANTING TO LEARN. remember you were me at one point in your life also.

:bounce:

Ashraf6119
29th December, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hi ToPPeRs

I have read your post and was very glad to go through it. I wish if i had any Informantion which could be of any help to you i would Defo pass it to you.

I wish you all the best in your coming future.

Good Luck

Ash

ToPPeRs
29th December, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hi ToPPeRs

I have read your post and was very glad to go through it. I wish if i had any Informantion which could be of any help to you i would Defo pass it to you.

I wish you all the best in your coming future.

Good Luck

Ash

Hi ash thanks for the post and ANY help would be great if you find anything. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.