PDA

View Full Version : What box have I got??

stevejohno
19th September, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hello, been running this box trouble free now for a while but don't know what model it is, Think it's a Starview "The BOX", in the system details it has "The Box", API, Ver 4-51e_E, Boot Ver 7.0, 9 July 2007.
My question is are there any updates for this if yes what improvements do they make and what are the downloads I require or should I leave well alone :) Steve

bugaloo41
19th September, 2008, 08:08 PM
Check here for new firmware together with details of what improvements it is meant to bring.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-starview-23/

jaytag
19th September, 2008, 08:11 PM
you have load 453 firmware then load 454 firmware and the box should run alot smoother with gt rom 4.03

stevejohno
20th September, 2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks but does not help much, you assume that I am familiar with this procedure and I am not, the page you directed me to has loads of links, which do I need, hence my first question, which box have I got?. I need the idiots guide. thanks

cactikid
21st September, 2008, 12:21 AM
correct identification is important see label on front of unit on left.
starview = starview 1
the box = starview 2
the box super = starview 3
:goodpost:

cactikid
21st September, 2008, 12:25 AM
Hello, been running this box trouble free now for a while but don't know what model it is, Think it's a Starview "The BOX", in the system details it has "The Box", API, Ver 4-51e_E, Boot Ver 7.0, 9 July 2007.
My question is are there any updates for this if yes what improvements do they make and what are the downloads I require or should I leave well alone :) Steve
if ur box is working allright why meddle as some other firmwares are glitchy,i would only upgrade if u have problems.

stevejohno
21st September, 2008, 03:45 PM
Just says "The Box" top left hand corner, that's why I was asking the question thought maybe someone would have the info from the software version type I supplied, anyway methinks will leave well alone having now read that the upgrades can be more trouble than they are worth. many thanks

kirit
17th October, 2008, 02:01 PM
lol what a great post- what box have i got