PDA

View Full Version : Starview box super help

playboyjack
19th September, 2008, 07:13 PM
I have a box super and need to flash it. When i open loader and download, it never movers off 0% then just says fail.
Help needed guys
:hmmmm2:

Devilfish
19th September, 2008, 07:28 PM
Try this...

To load the files just drag them on to a memory stick and then put the memory stick in the USB port
at the back of the receiver. Then press the menu button on the remote there you will see USB
at the bottom of the screen. Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the
(Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen. Highlight the Box Super USB Bin File with the
remote and press th ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.

satsmo
19th September, 2008, 10:37 PM
Apologies Devilfish thats the update procedure for the SV4 USB. For a new SV3 you need to use V7.09, but the OP's problem looks like a Comm port set up issue, (presuming they are using a null modem cable/USB adapter combo).

There are still some issues with the latest Beta release, but they are been worked on at the moment.

arthur
2nd February, 2009, 04:41 PM
Try this...

To load the files just drag them on to a memory stick and then put the memory stick in the USB port
at the back of the receiver. Then press the menu button on the remote there you will see USB
at the bottom of the screen. Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the
(Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen. Highlight the Box Super USB Bin File with the
remote and press th ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.
How do you drag them to the stick

camelv
2nd February, 2009, 04:47 PM
the mem stick info is for starview 4 only as satsmo has explained .
if your using an rs232 to usb try dissconecting the usb and putting it in another slot
but first make sure you have installed the usb drivers.

bigfella
2nd February, 2009, 06:38 PM
How do you drag them to the stick

i downloaded lastest firmware to downloads on my lappy...put usb stick into lappy,,,,,,went to downloads on lappy...right clicked on wat i d just downloaded ie lastest firmware/......and selected to move to local disc f,,ie usb stick...hope this helps ...bigfella

i suppose u cud plug usb in....download firmware then right clickand hold and drag firmware to usb box on lappy screen...:party ::party ::party ::party ::party ::party :

arthur
2nd February, 2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks fellas I have just got my Starview 4 I went to downloads downloaded the file to my computer the file is there But I can't open it do I need to open it or do I just copy it to my stick bare:hmmmm: with me I'm getting on a bit

Lanxman
2nd February, 2009, 07:54 PM
Copy it on to the usb stick along with the logo file.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)

bigfella
2nd February, 2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks fellas I have just got my Starview 4 I went to downloads downloaded the file to my computer the file is there But I can't open it do I need to open it or do I just copy it to my stick bare:hmmmm: with me I'm getting on a bit

no need to open it just download to usb stick:party ::party ::party : files endin with rar or zip u neen to open with winrar or 7 zip as these as compressed files ....files endin in bin are binary files and dont need to be opened ,,,hope this helps ..bigfella

arthur
3rd February, 2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks to all thats great info