PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

progamer1233
26th September, 2019, 08:36 AM
Hello,

I just have a few questions about flashing ECU's, im doing this now for one year and im using tools like ktag.

1. Before I remove an ECU from the car I always disconnect GND from the batterie but is this really necessary? I think it should be enough if I just remove the key and wait a few minutes and then unplug the ECU.
What do you guys think?

2. While flashing an ECU how do you set up your power supply? I set my power supply to 12,9v and 5A. I know that some ECU's need more than 1A or 2A. What settings are you using ? Is 12,9v and 5A enough for flashing?

Thank you for ur help!

(Its a repost I know)

teerak2uk
26th September, 2019, 08:47 AM
Hello,

I just have a few questions about flashing ECU's, im doing this now for one year and im using tools like ktag.

1. Before I remove an ECU from the car I always disconnect GND from the batterie but is this really necessary? I think it should be enough if I just remove the key and wait a few minutes and then unplug the ECU.
What do you guys think?

2. While flashing an ECU how do you set up your power supply? I set my power supply to 12,9v and 5A. I know that some ECU's need more than 1A or 2A. What settings are you using ? Is 12,9v and 5A enough for flashing?

Thank you for ur help!

(Its a repost I know)I've never disconnected a battery but let car sleep then remove after 5 minutes PSU I use is 13.5v 15amp

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Lambda1
26th September, 2019, 08:49 AM
1. also do this, but for some controllers its better to let stay power at battery.
2. 13.9V, A variable by power supply. Most ecus it stay at 1,3-1,8A.

With china clone ktag some ecus need way more power.