PDA

View Full Version : MLA EXPRO 2019

super jumbe
3rd October, 2019, 01:23 PM
Locksmith exhibition starts from 4th on Friday hours away is it worth going!!!:crushed:

rapidlocksmiths
3rd October, 2019, 01:42 PM
its good for general locksmiths and household , although hickleys will be there and there will be show prices , they are never as good as hickleys own show , many offer same show discounts online . although there will be auto suppliers there , unless theres something especially want to buy and the show price is good enough to miss a days work then worth visit . the evening booze sessions tend to be good.

shows for me have had their day , alot of new starts go for the free training seminars and the jumble sale kit , but with so many shows , weekends and open days , regular flash sales and online specials , shows have lost thea advantages they once had , and the mla show is expensive to exhibit at so show prices rarely match the suppliers own open weekends

sdnatlst
3rd October, 2019, 07:30 PM
I'll be there ��

super jumbe
3rd October, 2019, 07:35 PM
You right rapidlocksmiths the only issue I had few years back I bought keys worth over 1000 half of them never worked, lost money because when you buy in bulk you only find out when you need them by that time you dont even know who you bought them from, I stopped going for some time even if I do consider going on weekend I dont know what to buy as you say I should have booked for free training......

whiskeyman
3rd October, 2019, 10:10 PM
the shows are done
nothing you cant get online
plus last time i went seemed like every man and his dog was allowed to walk in and buy what they liked

Pikey gypos meeting ground for the day
a show about security products with no security:coat:

rapidlocksmiths
4th October, 2019, 12:15 AM
that is the issue with shows today , with so many of them and with suppliers doing their own lower cost open days and weekends , most will indeed let anyone in as they all fight for the footfall and to survive , its all about footfall , if the footfall is higher the show looks more succesful , with low footfall exhibitors wont attend , higher footfall tempts them in , and most suppliers dont mind who buys as long as they pay. the show dies without footfall so they do what they must to increase this.

i remember a magazines show a few years ago , after the show the boasts of exceptional footfall were all false , i was doing demo on lishi at it , it was dead , in fact a load of the exhibitors had a fottie match in the aisle with shrink wrap balls as nothing to do , yet the claims of the footfall were huge , sadly the reality was very different.

some suppliers use shows to release new kit , others to clear the crap , and now uk shows let the china resellers exhibit which never happened in past , at end of day there will be some bargains , some tat but not for me im afraid.

Bllinda
12th October, 2019, 12:32 PM
What to think about this workshop .... This is a 2000 Opel Holden Isuzu ....

Here I could not put pictures.
https:/ /www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/group.php?groupid=91

whiskeyman
12th October, 2019, 08:50 PM
way behind the times i think Bllinda (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/162273-Bllinda)

Bllinda
14th October, 2019, 10:08 AM
If it was an exhibition 2018. The seminar featured material 15 years old or 18 years old, very old. Whiskeyman (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/224506-whiskeyman)

bioggy
14th October, 2019, 10:29 AM
I went to the show I enjoyed it but again the issue I always have is lack of information I believe OBDStar sellers (chinese) had to call their developer to let me know if it supported some cars. I mean it is nice to get the low down on things and to be honest I walked away with a great deal on a zedfull.

The shows seem to be more of the same thing every year and I find the staff of some of the stands don't know their stuff esspecially on their products. I remember a well known supplier being at the LockExpo and to be honest I asked some simple questions on the stuff their selling and the answer I got was "I don't really know, but people buy this old tool to trade in so you can get the TDB cheaper."

I mainly go for meeting and making contacts these days and scooping up a bargain.

rapidlocksmiths
14th October, 2019, 11:19 AM
suppliers used to have experienced people doing demo and answering questions on their stands , they used to produce manuals and info , but then the new breed demanded cheaper prices , cheaper prices meant less development and less money to pay experienced people , so you end up with what we have today.

though going back 15 years , no tools came with instructions , no videos , no google videos etc and no info and kit cost far more with far less choice and far more basic , in this era though rates were far higher and advertising locksmiths far more skilled.

take lishi , when lishi first hit the market , 2in1 picks were £125 each , 4 new tools was developed and released each month , manuals , guides and instructions followed as there was a pot of money to pay for this , then came the copies and the demand for lower prices , to what we have today , the tools are weaker than they used to be due to price cutting in production , no new guides or instructions are being produced , and today we are lucky if we see 4 new tools a year released .

shows used to have experienced people on many stands , doing demo , answering questions and giving free training , now only a few suppliers can sustain this , we cant have it all , cheaper prices will always mean losing something in the chain .

Bllinda
15th October, 2019, 09:36 AM
featuring the garage - training information v2

This is not advertising