PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Homecoming important info

Raven
20th September, 2008, 11:52 AM
Word of warning for those wanting to buy the game on PC.....apparently according to Konami this game will NOT be receiving a retail release in stores, only the console versions will be available in stores as the PC version will be a digital download only via Steam.

Not sure what to think of this myself, I read somewhere that digital downloads are the future of the industry according to developers so in a way it makes sense, however I am sure this will be cracked and on the newsgroups within days anyhow.

The only problem I can see with this digital downloading is that of servers and mass usage, the way I see it is right now people's connection speeds aren't fast enough and servers aren't strong enough to cope with masses of people downloading 6+ gb of data at least so it doesn't sound too practical in theory from that perspective, if they operated via newsgroups it might be a different matter perhaps since at least it's a tiny nzb file download and then at least people get to download at their full internet speed (after payment of course lol) and not what their servers dictate. Imagine paying for a game and then having to wait for literally hours and hours before it's even downloaded.

Saying that I WILL be getting Silent Hill Homecoming either way be it newsgroups or legit even if I have to leave my PC on all night downloading off the Konami or Steam servers lol.

shugy
10th October, 2008, 12:40 PM
do you know when Silent Hill Homecoming will be released

Raven
12th October, 2008, 12:06 AM
It was supposed to be released 30th September for the PC version on Steam only but so far nitto....they said it will be released sometime this month but everyone's up in arms over there on steam forums because nobody said a word and the release date came and went without so much as a warning, wimper or explanation.

They are probably waiting on the European release date for the console versions before they release the PC version but still it's been a total farce.

They've cocked it up totally though because they could have maximized sales by selling it this way and releasing a few days earlier as they were supposed to....as it is most people have played the Xbox360 or PS3 versions and also mixed/average reviews of the game have been revealed and so that will dampen entheusiasm for the game and it will probably dent the sales it could have had.

And it's their own fault, they cannot blame piracy this time for sales being down....just shocking service.