PDA

View Full Version : Samsung VBOX Problem

nellyuk
20th September, 2008, 12:12 PM
I have a problem with my Virgin Media Samsung VBOX where it leaks signal down the scart and switches the TV to the AV it is connected to, giving a blank screen. The box doesn't switch on just remains in standby. I know of people in other areas to mine who have this problem also. We have all tried new scart leads and altering the AV input to no avail. Virgin refuse to admit there is a problem but I believe there is a known fault with these boxes. A quick fix is to tell the box not to auto sense in settings but then you have to manually switch the TV to the correct AV. Got my second call regardiong this issue this morning but the engineers running late! LOL Anyone else suffered this problem? Can even switch off the DVD your watching as the leaking signal switches the TV over at any random time!

djcalzar
4th February, 2009, 09:01 PM
I was wondering if there was something funny with them as I have just had one of these installed as my old one went bang.

Mine switches itself off and then on intermittently and while watching something on demand started to fast foward the programme. I thought it might have been something to do with the Gigaair 2727 Audio/video sender I'm using.

But then coud be a ghost in the machine :-)

ejn39
17th May, 2010, 06:27 PM
hi guys im new to this, right i have a virgin vbox,model no:di4000-t, i brought this for ?150 and it was chipped,but its stopped working now,is there a way i can get it to work again,i had all th payper veiw channels. please can some1 help me....thanks

gmb45
17th May, 2010, 06:31 PM
hi guys im new to this, right i have a virgin vbox,model no:di4000-t, i brought this for ?150 and it was chipped,but its stopped working now,is there a way i can get it to work again,i had all th payper veiw channels. please can some1 help me....thanks
if its gone thats it, look here----> http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/areas-receiving-new-cards-93125/index9.html#post587921 and we dont discuss hacking modifying of virgin medias equipment. nagravision3 is killing all but legit boxes all over the country