PDA

View Full Version : Private messages asking money and similar

shtyrya2
8th October, 2019, 03:35 PM
I just recieved this pm:

Hi, I want to give you an important warning, do not write files requested for free on your machine, you risk seriously blocking the ecu and then you have to throw it away, with the consequence of spending so much money to fix the machine.
Entrust to professionals of the sector my work is accessible to all.
Contact me by email at xxxxxxxxxx
You will not be disappointed and the machine will be better and safer.
Regards

Im so glad i have this warning... Nobody was so worried for me before!

Its very sad to see all this people in the forum asking money for files, and telling lies to make their business. Any time i upload a file to ask some help, i recieve messages from people asking for money. I can understand they need to work, and i respect if they offer a service. But this forum always was about free well intendent help between professionals. Many people here helped me many times, and i help when i can, and when im sure about the help im giving.

Please lets keep the philosophy of this forum alive.

P.S.: no wrong file can brick an ecu to the point of throwing it away. You always can write backup with you flashing tool. Even cheap cloned chinese tool.

James83
8th October, 2019, 07:48 PM
I just recieved this pm:

Hi, I want to give you an important warning, do not write files requested for free on your machine, you risk seriously blocking the ecu and then you have to throw it away, with the consequence of spending so much money to fix the machine.
Entrust to professionals of the sector my work is accessible to all.
Contact me by email at xxxxxxxxx
You will not be disappointed and the machine will be better and safer.
Regards

Im so glad i have this warning... Nobody was so worried for me before!

Its very sad to see all this people in the forum asking money for files, and telling lies to make their business. Any time i upload a file to ask some help, i recieve messages from people asking for money. I can understand they need to work, and i respect if they offer a service. But this forum always was about free well intendent help between professionals. Many people here helped me many times, and i help when i can, and when im sure about the help im giving.

Please lets keep the philosophy of this forum alive.

P.S.: no wrong file can brick an ecu to the point of throwing it away. You always can write backup with you flashing tool. Even cheap cloned chinese tool.
Perhaps the one who wrote you the message spoke of the engine and its components certainly not of the file, that even the file without checksum the tool calculates it for you, even if we must not forget that some dated tools do not calculate it and in some ecu the instrument does not calculate it properly. Good continuation friend.

jomberykaso
9th October, 2019, 01:55 AM
Sometimes we have to pay when we dont have enough time to wait for free help.That is normal mate in automotive programming. All of us know that all works are not free.

galaxy0634
9th October, 2019, 02:07 AM
i agree with you jomberykasso this forum should be payed for exemple 1dollar for month and private work for sure should be payed too :encouragement:

clusters
9th October, 2019, 02:08 AM
All of us know that all works are not free.

They are on DK but people ignore the rules.

If people don't want to help for free they can just close the thread and move on. Nobody is forcing them to try and sell their sh1t or complain about people asking for free help.

galaxy0634
9th October, 2019, 02:30 AM
before i know this forum once i made a big mistake erasing data from an eproom ecu of chevrolet captiva of a customer then car wont start and file is lost without back up and i didnt have knowledge as now then i ask help from somebody else who take the oppurtunity of my ignorance to make money in my trouble i paye him 700DOLLARS this the real thiefs and reaal shit then i know this forum and those nice people ........i will be so happy paying people for their works

shtyrya2
22nd October, 2019, 07:04 PM
Thanks all for their comments. Just to be clear, i respect totally the work of people who charge for file service. I have some of those contacts myself and they make great service for me. This is trusted people, who dont ask you to pay before work is done, they work really fast, and they can help if the solution was not perfect. This kind of service worth the money.

Other situation, is when someone uploads the file as "here is you file solved", but with a password. And in private ask you for money for the password. That way, other users, maybe willing to help for free, are thinking that the case is solved. That is not a fair situation.

Peace!

lanefi
22nd October, 2019, 09:16 PM
Thanks to all for your great comment. For me, the main point of this forum is SHARING KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIMENT. I have spent 1000 of dollars on the equipment and programming tools. Some programming tool didn't provide any instruction. We still need some help HOW TO USE IT. This the reason some of ours have to share at this forum. Not everybody can effort to buy all the tools. Some are very expensive. The cheapest is the Eprom Programmer. If we need a fee, just ask for a donation or exchange for any project or software. This may help other members in future. I did before on some other forum years ago.
Is a Win-Win situation. Anyway FREE is the BEST, everybody will like it, soon we can get a very good friendship.
HAVE A NICE DAY. Very Best Regards:peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::peaceful::pe aceful:

shtyrya2
29th October, 2019, 08:45 PM
You can buy equipment. Cheap or not, good or bad. But knowledge you cant buy, you need to study, learn and think. There is many people who think they can buy knowledge. Those you can fu$% with your business.