PDA

View Full Version : starview usb setup ?

ezop
20th September, 2008, 01:38 PM
I've just bought a starview 4 usb and it will arrive on monday, I could do with someone just telling me about flashing it

obviously the 1st thing that i do is plug all the leads in and turn it on but then do I flash it to v1.02 1st before I scan for channels or visa versa .. scan then flash .. (i understand about how to flash it and scan for channels and enter the secret menu and such)

also when flashing which .BIN file do i select because theres 2 in v.102

TheboxSuperUSB_V1.02_beta.BIN
TheBoxSuperUSB_BG_LOGO_080904_.bin

TIA

Devilfish
20th September, 2008, 02:40 PM
There is a guide contained in the rar file here which explains how to flash the firmware.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Latest FirmwareThe Box Super USB V1.02 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/latest-firmwarethe-box-super-usb-v1-02-330/)

ezop
20th September, 2008, 02:55 PM
:EDIT: i've re-read the 1st time setup.txt again .. i must have completely missed the very top line .. my bad .. :EDIT:

np .. i have read it and do understand the guide in the rar file but i was wondering if i put both .bin file on the usb stick will both of the .bin files show up if so which 1 do i choose since both file have "the box super usb" as there name

To load the files just drag them on to a memory stick and then put the memory stick in the USB port
at the back of the receiver. Then press the menu button on the remote there you will see USB
at the bottom of the screen. Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the

(Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen. Highlight the Box Super USB Bin File with the

remote and press th ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.

Im presuming i'd load "TheboxSuperUSB_V1.02_beta.BIN" .. if so what is the other file for and is it needed

Devilfish
20th September, 2008, 02:57 PM
No idea m8, I would use the 1.02 file.

ezop
20th September, 2008, 06:37 PM
thanks for the reply and your honesty ..

bolton1312
7th November, 2008, 12:15 AM
i need this file too cheers

undercoverjamil
7th April, 2009, 05:22 PM
i just bought the starview and am waiting for it to be delievered, but i do not no how to set it up. I read some of there forums and do not understand what files i need to download and everything else.

camelv
7th April, 2009, 05:25 PM
i just bought the starview and am waiting for it to be delievered, but i do not no how to set it up. I read some of there forums and do not understand what files i need to download and everything else.

i assume its the starview 4 (the box super usb)
heres the tut m8.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)

undercoverjamil
9th April, 2009, 10:00 AM
i can't get any of the channels you normally have to pay for e.g sky one.
Any help please

boomer39
9th April, 2009, 10:22 AM
have you got a usb stick and is the firmware on it?

undercoverjamil
9th April, 2009, 10:48 AM
have you got a usb stick and is the firmware on it?
Yeah i have version 1.02.

khenryashley
9th April, 2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah i have version 1.02.

Wrong firmware m8
You need version 1.07 .
See sticky at top of starview page

Gazg
7th May, 2009, 12:46 AM
i assume its the starview 4 (the box super usb)
heres the tut m8.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)
just got mine, need to read up to get it right

camelv
7th May, 2009, 01:26 AM
welcome to dk gazg.your welcome want to say hello in the intro forum.

westham123
10th June, 2009, 09:22 PM
can someone send me details on how to set up my box it is 'the box super usb'

I dont have the first idea what i need to do

boomer39
10th June, 2009, 09:43 PM
would uggest you read the stickies at top of page.. all info there. ynwa

rfcandyrfc
14th August, 2009, 05:30 PM
got mine to work thanks to ur advice.

cheers guys.

aussiegirl
3rd February, 2010, 12:17 AM
No idea m8, I would use the 1.02 file.
i saw somewhere that there is a 1.12 file as well .. which one would be better? might be a stupid question but im new to this:)

acerbic
3rd February, 2010, 04:25 PM
I have just bought a box and dont know how to set it up ....
Could someone give me a tuitorial that i can start from scratch..Pleaseeee

boomer39
3rd February, 2010, 05:37 PM
I have just bought a box and dont know how to set it up ....
Could someone give me a tuitorial that i can start from scratch..Pleaseeee
YES,,,, have a SEARCH......in stickies might help....

DESSERTDOG
3rd February, 2010, 05:52 PM
We are here to help but you should also be helping yourself and others if you can m8 its not hard to find as Boomer says Search and you will find if after that if you dont have any joy post again and we will try and help you.

larryoke
3rd February, 2010, 06:25 PM
YES,,,, have a SEARCH......in stickies might help....
boomer whenever I see your name and YNWA at the end it makes me laugh because at a glance I always read it as
YAWN which just lately would be quite apt, something like....

YAWN not another how do I ? SV set up thread!!!

SV4SBUSB
21st February, 2012, 01:28 AM
sorry to be a nuisance, just come across a starview 4 super box USB, is there any possible way of getting it working to receive all the channels, thanks ahead...STV

cactikid
21st February, 2012, 09:04 AM
sv4 of no use anymore,all new boxes need a lan port to work,and maybe a payment depending of what box you go for.

ianbp
27th August, 2012, 02:43 PM
hi im thinking of buying a starview super box what will i recieve on it and how cheers:manusign:

ASEK
27th August, 2012, 03:45 PM
hi im thinking of buying a starview super box what will i recieve on it and how cheers:manusign:

well id say ur crazy thinking of buying one.

tillymint
1st September, 2012, 10:46 AM
now that my starview 7 has gone too heaven what box does everyone recommend thanks in advance x

cactikid
1st September, 2012, 02:02 PM
kryptview 780 sd box or a850c hd box or invest in a sat box

flyflash
1st September, 2012, 05:12 PM
what is the nw way after sv any help would be grateful needs to be cable thnx

sharpsbus
29th January, 2013, 05:41 PM
can someone send me details on how to set up my box it is 'the box super usb'

I dont have the first idea what i need to do
mE NEITHER. WHERE IS THE SAID FILE ON THE WEB PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE ??????????

ASEK
29th January, 2013, 06:30 PM
bin it its no good.

ramjamman
29th January, 2013, 06:36 PM
:guns:lol yep true words another 1 bits the dust:barscarf: