PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox dvb xc

Stabber
20th September, 2008, 02:03 PM
I bought this box with no instructions or software, i now have a better idea what i am doing with it thanks to a few people on this site. I have opened my box and i do not think i have a clone. The system information is:

Model..........DVB-XC- BOX
S/W Ver......1.0 ssn4 Jul 05 2006
H/w Ver ..... 2.0 Jul 05 2006
Bootstrap.... v002

The tuner measures 12 slots in the grill.

Could someone tell me what kind of box i have? As i need to download firmware to update and do not want to brick it.

bugaloo41
20th September, 2008, 02:53 PM
The vox models are:-

silver with 1 scart its an ev1
silver with 2 scarts its an ev2
grey black with a tuner that covers 11 slots in the airvents its a bluemax 2006
grey black with a tuner that cover 8 airvents its a redbox 2007
black with chrome buttons its a max v 2008

The good thing about these boxes is that the firmware is built into the loader.If you try and flash your box with the wrong software it wont work. If your flash works you know you have the right image.

Hope this helps.

Meant to say very easy to flash.

Open up the "software loader" and join one end of a null modem to your pc and one end to your box. Make sure vox is off at the wall. Click download on loader and then turn the vox on - the box will now flash

Stabber
20th September, 2008, 03:16 PM
It's the eurovox v.2 i have i googled it on google images. Thanks for your information but where do i get the software loader and correct software to do this?

bugaloo41
20th September, 2008, 03:37 PM
eurovox software here mate (read the "readme" note that accompanies it)

Digital Kaos - Downloads - EuroVox 2 fix 14/04/08 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/firmware/28/eurovox-2-fix-14-04-08-139/)

You want to use the release April 2008 by sunrise.

Vox 2 software is not built into the loader though. The loader is here

Dnupman. Digital Kaos - Downloads - DnUpMan firmware flash program (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/tools/30/dnupman-firmware-flash-program-126/)

All you do mate is

1. Extract the winrar files so you have software and loader.
2. On dnupman click on the top section "firmware" and "browse" - to locate the software you have just saves on your pc.
3.Double click on the software and it will automatically load into dnupman.
4. Now join vox and pc up wuth null modem. Make sure vox is off at the wall - or back of the box.
5. Click on "download" button on dnupman and turn vox on.
6. A message will appear once the box has flashed saying complete.
7. Plug box in, do a factory reset via the remote/menu on your vox, then scan.

That is you.

Just take your time you will be fine. Any problems post back.

Stabber
20th September, 2008, 04:13 PM
Cheers mate i've downloaded the files and will give it a go tomorrow, i took it back to factory and gave it a scan and now have 152 stations. I also tried a power scan which seemed to find a lot more channels but after said it was updating code. It stayed like this for half an hour and then it would not play any channels. I get the feeling i'm not far away here and don't want to download anything onto the box unless i have to.

bugaloo41
20th September, 2008, 04:30 PM
Stabber these boxes have not went "down" (ie. lost scrambled channels like sky sports etc) since April this year. If you have had all the sports, movies since April your box may just require a few powerscans to get it going. Make sure you choose the right frequency for your area (6952 ex TW and 6887 others).

The code not updating however suggests to me that you will need to update your box as per the instructions above. Its not difficult mate honestly although if you have not done it before it seems a little daunting. If i can do it anyone can.

Stabber
23rd September, 2008, 06:23 PM
Well bugaloo i have done all you said but when i try to download onto my box the downloader cannot seem to find com port 1 where i have the null modem cable attached. The same with port 2 i have looked in the bios and both ports are enabled. I have even tried downloading it in boot mode and nothing seems to work. When i bought the cable from the compter shop he said people used these cables to update their boxes it is a null modem rs232 as advised to get. I am now at a loss anyideas bud?

prahbawd
1st January, 2010, 10:00 AM
what is the latest software version please?

garry1978
17th October, 2010, 06:41 PM
can these boxes be flashed with any other software