PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VCDI Smoke and No Power help please?

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 07:18 PM
Hello,
Today a Chevrolet Captiva 2.0 VCDI 4WD Automatic cames to me.
The car has absolutely no power and smokes a lot of black smoke and the DPF Light is blinking.
I have checked the DPF and he was holed. The Turbocharger is new and all the Injectors are Tested by the BOSCH Service. The ECU is an EDC16C39 . And no DTC only 2 one was stored DPF differential Pressure (because the DPF is holed) and Exhaust Temperature to Low for Regeneration).

Has anyone a solution for me please?
A Lot of money is till now spended in this Car and no result.

Kind regards

mancioks
12th October, 2019, 07:28 PM
First of all, you need to read and post file, what is now on ECu. Second car can't smoke with DPF. Third do a log file ans check boost. Black smoke is equal to a lot fuel and to less of air. ;) What part of DE are you?

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 07:44 PM
Hello,
the DPF is holed by the old owner of the Car and I dont know if the problem comes after the holing of the DPF. Tomorrow I will read the ECU and post the file. My Location is Dortmund North Rhine Westfalica. ps the Air flow meter is new too

Kind Regards

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 07:49 PM
Hello,
the DPF is holed by the old owner of the Car and I dont know if the problem comes after the holing of the DPF. Tomorrow I will read the ECU and post the file. My Location is Dortmund North Rhine Westfalica. ps the Air flow meter is new too and the boost seems to be good because the Boost pipes becomes strong when i pull down the accelerator pedal

Kind Regards

mancioks
12th October, 2019, 07:52 PM
Hello,
the DPF is holed by the old owner of the Car and I dont know if the problem comes after the holing of the DPF. Tomorrow I will read the ECU and post the file. My Location is Dortmund North Rhine Westfalica. ps the Air flow meter is new too

Kind Regards

Ah sorry didn't understand in first post about drilling. If file is untouched and car smokes ita only lack of air. Boost log should show lower boost than required.
If log shows low boost, than you need to search for a hole between turbo and intake manifold. It can be intercooler, hose or not fully closing egr valve. Hope this info will be usefull ;)

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 08:02 PM
Hy,
thank you for your help, I have today searched the hole day on this car if there is any leak but it isnt. And I have phoned the old owner and he told me that he has replaced the EGR too and the same problem. I have seen on this forum a thread with this problem with the blinking DPF light and it is same problem like mine blinking light and smoke but they didnt write a solution. Thank you my friend, maybe someone had the same problem and tell me his solution.

mancioks
12th October, 2019, 08:07 PM
Blinking light appears when DPF is full or you shut off the car during regeneration for few times. If smoke is black its 100% too less air, if smoke is blueish or gray than can be wrong dpf off solution.

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 08:16 PM
ok Tommorrow i will chek the intake air manifold maybe he is closed with carbon. And if the car is standing and i press the pedal he has good power only when i want to drive no torque. But the smoke is comes by driving and standing. The DPF counter is 40%

mm04kk
12th October, 2019, 08:50 PM
i have readed today lifedata with diagnostik and when i press pedal the boost pressure raises up.
The engine works a littlebit row in slowly. And when i pull out the connector for the second injector the engine works a litlebit rower. When i pull one of the other out the engine shut off.

tothzsolt
13th October, 2019, 09:04 AM
look at and replace the intercooler rubber tube because it blew it, so it smokes black and doesn't pull

mancioks
13th October, 2019, 03:46 PM
Boost is rising, but its not sure if enough. Boost command and actual boost must be similar. And also this must be checked not on standing car. Make log driving at least at 3rd gear and full throtle from 1500rpm