PDA

View Full Version : Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots Through Wall, Kills Wife

thommo
27th March, 2008, 09:05 PM
Man Installing Satellite TV Shoots, Kills Wife
Patsy Long Died From Gunshot Wound To Chest
CDT March 26, 2008

SEDALIA, Mo. -- Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.

Patsy D. Long, 34, of Deep Water, was pronounced dead early Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun.

Patsy Long was standing outside the residence while her husband was installing a satellite television system.

According to sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills, Ronald Long fired a shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means. Investigators said Ronald Long believed his family was inside the house.

He told authorities that he fired a second shot, then called out his wife's name and the names of their two children. When he got no reply, he ran outside and found his wounded wife.

Patsy Long was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff's Department said.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Hills described the family as being very "distraught."

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the Sheriff's Department completes its investigation.

krazylegz
27th March, 2008, 09:34 PM
thats canny unlucky that like but has he not heard of a drill?.....................dippy tw@t

thommo
27th March, 2008, 09:42 PM
thats what i thought lol, what was going through his head, "ive not got a drill, the chainsaws no good i know i,ll shoot myself a hole." bet he didnt get to finish the install.

krazylegz
27th March, 2008, 09:47 PM
pmsl imagine all the cables he could fit through now from loads of lnb's :roflmao:

smirnoff_rules
27th March, 2008, 10:05 PM
sounds abit sus to me lads . l put up an aerial years ago and was shoutin down to the wife was the picture ok .. it went on for hours and if l had a gun l would of shot her believe me lol , when she said it was fine l got down and it was crap and she was on the phone in the other room

gazz10
28th March, 2008, 12:25 AM
Oh i guess am not only one with that situation, only i was in garden doing the sat (yes without meter...tut tut ) and she was upstairs, yip its not bad//wait its k there..nah it sh*t, thats it now, yes she been there before and knows i must have tightend it up too tight or misaligned it when tightening..b*tch

sargie
28th March, 2008, 11:56 AM
that is just plain crazy but in a country were guns are so common i bet he didnt even think twice about doing it.