PDA

View Full Version : How to read BMW S1000XR Dash and ECU with KESSv2?

Primal8
16th October, 2019, 08:47 PM
Good evening all,

Firstly, let me set some context. I am a complete newcomer to this and lack even the smallest knowledge on this topic but, I'm in a bit of a jam and need to get this done.

So, I have a 2019 BMW S1000XR and a KESSv2 with Ksuite software. I am hoping to get a read on the dash and ECU in order to modify the odometer reading (higher reading than current).

I have the OBD2 cable and have been able to connect it, what I don't know is what protocol to use and basically, what the hell I'm doing!

Would really appreciate some help if possible.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am breaking any forum rules with this question.

figani
17th October, 2019, 08:20 AM
Good evening all,

Firstly, let me set some context. I am a complete newcomer to this and lack even the smallest knowledge on this topic but, I'm in a bit of a jam and need to get this done.

So, I have a 2019 BMW S1000XR and a KESSv2 with Ksuite software. I am hoping to get a read on the dash and ECU in order to modify the odometer reading (higher reading than current).

I have the OBD2 cable and have been able to connect it, what I don't know is what protocol to use and basically, what the hell I'm doing!

Would really appreciate some help if possible.

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am breaking any forum rules with this question.

not possible to read by obd, only VR...
you have a chinese clone...?

btw, kess is for flash tuning in engine ecuīs...
itīs not possible to something on dash...

and in most cases kilomter/miles value is in eeprom/engine ecu...
so a kess is also not usefull...

When I help you press Thanks and Reputation...

Primal8
17th October, 2019, 08:29 AM
not possible to read by obd, only VR...
you have a chinese clone...?

btw, kess is for flash tuning in engine ecuīs...
itīs not possible to something on dash...

and in most cases kilomter/miles value is in eeprom/engine ecu...
so a kess is also not usefull...

OK - thanks for the information. Yes it's a clone I got off eBay. I bought the wrong thing I guess. :hmmmm:

I'm guessing that this is not something I can DIY?