PDA

View Full Version : un-Jailbrake 3g info please

m9g
31st December, 2009, 10:18 AM
Did a jailbrake on daughters 3g but she wants it off for now until tethered issue is sorted, is there a way to just put it back to normal preferably without loosing the apps that were already on there

Regards

M9G

dell_xps
31st December, 2009, 12:43 PM
Do a back up in itunes first save all your apps etc, then restore it to factory settings via itunes and the internet m8, then restore the backup to the iphone, simples.
HTH

loncell
1st January, 2010, 12:02 AM
so i take it there's nothing for the new 3.1.2 FW ? unless tethered ?.i got all my kids one and its costing a fortune !!.

m9g
1st January, 2010, 09:36 AM
yeah just tethered at the mo for 3.1.2, upgraded sons to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak and its great coz its a 2g, daughter now has a 3g and jailbreak that one and works fine but she turns it off and so need to run jailbreak again which is not a big deal just one click of blackra1n but she said she wants it back to normal until tethered issue is sorted.

M9G

bph
1st January, 2010, 03:14 PM
hi is your ipod the 3g 8gb version and what does the serial number start with as i have tried to jailbreak my 3g 8gb with mc serial but no good .how did you do yours m9g

m9g
1st January, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hi, yes 3g 8gb firmware 3.1.2

Blackra1n, connect ipod to pc then run blackra1n, click on 'make it rain' and its done, thats it 1 click, takes about 10seconds (I am a noob at this and did it instantly a couple of days ago for the first time). After install go into ipod and open blackra1n app and click install cydia, it is soooooo simple.

If the 3g gets turned off then it cant be used so need to connect it back to the pc and run blackra1n again (takes just a few seconds and done) and you WONT need to re-install cydia or any homebrew that you might have on there just blackra1n.

I google'd Blackra1n. Don't forget thats a 1 in blackra1n not an i.

Hope this helps

Regards

M9G

bph
1st January, 2010, 04:58 PM
done all that but it does not reboot after geohot screen just stays black i have even tried to make it rain to get it to reboot but it just says waiting for ipod as i said my serial starts with mc i think this could be a problem could you check yours ? cheers

bph
1st January, 2010, 07:47 PM
ok done it used differnt computer cheers