PDA

View Full Version : big problem

uglybloke1
20th September, 2008, 07:10 PM
hope someone can help my computer keeps crashing in normal mood but in safe mood it works fine can get on internet do what i want but in normal mood it crashes after about 2 to 8 mins please help:ahhhhh:

forgot to say using vista

davemac82
20th September, 2008, 09:24 PM
hope someone can help my computer keeps crashing in normal mood but in safe mood it works fine can get on internet do what i want but in normal mood it crashes after about 2 to 8 mins please help:ahhhhh:

forgot to say using vista

sounds like a driver or hardware fault to me mate try system restore in safe mode, restore to last point it was working ok!

ermin1
20th September, 2008, 09:41 PM
does it just restarts or it has a blue screen first or some message??

jamesg669
21st September, 2008, 05:47 PM
Go to Control Panel, and device manager, you should be able to see if all devices are properly configured. If not disable the device (until you are isolate what it is), if the device is disabled then it should no longer cause the pc to crash (assuming that is the fault),

uglybloke1
21st September, 2008, 07:43 PM
have tried restore in save mode when start up normal it still crashes or i should say just freezes and i can not do anything cant shut down nothing have not installed any hardware or software works ok in safe mode as i am using computer now thanks all if you can help:viking:

DiscoDave
22nd September, 2008, 08:34 AM
I would go through every device in the comp 1 @ a time because it sounds like a hardware problem but you'll probably find that a driver update will sort it as mines did the same and it was my graphics card driver.

:rock::rock::rock:

DavC
22nd September, 2008, 08:46 AM
if you don't see the BSOD then it might be worth turning off "automatic restart on system failure" that way you can see what the error code is when it crashes, and note it down, then, after a reboot you can google it and it will give you a few pointers as to what went wrong.

i dont know my way round vista very well, but in xp it's in "startup & recovery" in "system properties". It may be the same in vista, i dont know.

also try updating your graphics & sound drivers, they're often main culprits.