PDA

View Full Version : RICKY HATTON has moved a step closer to a rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

thommo
27th March, 2008, 09:14 PM
http://images.badlefthook.com/images/admin/story20071209_mayweatherhatton01.jpg

RICKY HATTON has moved a step closer to a rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

Hatton is keen to settle the score after Mayweather inflicted his first defeat in Las Vegas last December.

And Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, who signed a deal with 'The Hitman' earlier this month, reckon the fight could take place at Wembley next spring.

Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer said: "It's very likely that Floyd will come over.

"Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it.

"Floyd realises Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and he would make history by coming over to Wembley Stadium.

"For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd.

"Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."

Hatton, 29, returns to the ring against Juan Lazcano on May 24, while Mayweather is scheduled to resume his boxing career against De La Hoya in September.

And the pair are expected to collide once again if the world's greatest pound-for-pound fighter can resist the temptation to hang up his gloves in favour of a full-time move to the WWE.

Schaefer added: "Floyd would have to get past Oscar first but he knows Ricky felt cheated in the first fight.

"He wants to show the victory was no fluke ? and that's his motivation."

smirnoff_rules
27th March, 2008, 10:34 PM
l like hatton but his no match for him, the guy is class ,, simple as

charlie senator
27th March, 2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah got to agree with Smirnoff Hatton has got a lot of heart but when it comes down to boxing ability Floyd is on a different planet to him

shortyball
7th April, 2008, 11:08 AM
i dont think it will happen, mayweather doesnt need to prove anything anymore he has beat him. He is never going to risk losing on british soil.
Im sure mayweather can continue his pretty boy transition away from boxing as this seems to be what he is doing. He doesnt have much more to prove/

thommo
7th April, 2008, 02:30 PM
shorty he didnt have anything to prove the first time round he'd already hanged his gloves up and came back for hatton, $$$$$ still talk and i think he'd love to do it again with the british fans as he already stated he couldnt believe how we support our fighters and loved that.

one more big money fight before he turns into a wwe wrestler lol.

shortyball
7th April, 2008, 02:33 PM
WWE would probably suit him better he can dance around without getting his face hurt to much.
I suppose end of the day money will swing it and if wembley is the venue then it may swing it.

ice2004
7th April, 2008, 02:42 PM
As thommo said Mayweather is all about money and money will talk. Also hes so arrogant and cocky (rightly so hes been branded the best pound for pound boxer ever) that he will want to come over and beat Hatton again.

And iv not doubt if they fight again Mayweather will knock Hatton out again.

mickd2
11th April, 2008, 02:51 PM
l like hatton but his no match for him, the guy is class ,, simple as

Couldn't agree more mate. I was hoping Hatton would smash Floyd into the middle of next year but credit were credit is due, Mayweather is the real deal.

rangers71
12th April, 2008, 03:43 PM
hattons mistake in the last fight was trying to go for the big punch instead of jabbing him thats why he lost so u never know if he changes his tactics and jabs the body then u never know what could happen (thats if the fight goes ahead and a hope it dose)

dunryc
12th April, 2008, 03:49 PM
hattons a local boy to me seen hime training before the fight and would love to see him do it as they say money talks bullsh*t walks and its all about the money

pedders
13th April, 2008, 07:45 PM
looking forward to rematch ,come on hatton

Damo1231
13th April, 2008, 08:16 PM
looking forward to rematch ,come on hatton

waste a time, mayweather is too strong, too classy and too clever to be bothered by a Hatton rematch, Hatton should choose his next opponents carefully as he'll retire at 30 and he has a big future as a sports personality

pol12345
14th April, 2008, 05:38 AM
Think you're right maywether had too much for him.

hoponbaby
14th April, 2008, 07:04 PM
He'll need to change his strategy completely from last time as he was totally outclassed. I'd love to see him win though, then retire at the top.

thommo
14th April, 2008, 07:42 PM
i know i posted this but a better fight would be mayweather vs cotto, saw that boy fight the other night, if that one gets on we will see who the best pound for pound fighter is,

would still like to see hatton have another crack as he's our boy but the better fight would be the above.

hutchyboi
15th April, 2008, 12:55 AM
i know i posted this but a better fight would be mayweather vs cotto, saw that boy fight the other night, if that one gets on we will see who the best pound for pound fighter is,

would still like to see hatton have another crack as he's our boy but the better fight would be the above.
I seen the cotto fight the other night and your right, this would probably be a more entertaining fight. The guy is just so fast, infact his hand speed is probably close to mayweathers.

What did u think of Gomez in that fight thommo? I think the heart he showed was a bit too much for his face to take, he looked like he had an allergic reaction to something and his face swelled up

thommo
15th April, 2008, 01:04 AM
he was poor and outclassed. he only got the fight based on the fight he had before against one of the other top fighters, cant remember who it was off the top of my head but thats why he got the fight.

always was going to be the case too, i saw it live but only as i wasnt tired i wouldnt have made a point of stopping up to watch it if i had been tired.

give me the fight mentioned and i would stay up for that 100%.

hutchyboi
15th April, 2008, 01:14 AM
yeah he definately was. Even though i never watched the programme when it was on, i had to laugh a little when they mentioned he was a past contender contestant

I was still up for the Clinton Woods fight, he was kinda out-classed too

But im still all for Hatton gettin another crack at Mayweather, here's hoping he learns from his mistakes because that really was a heavy, heavy loss for him

davieboy.rfc
16th April, 2008, 09:33 AM
ricky hatton is the best at his own weight but im afraid he was found out when he moved up weight , im a big fan of his but pretty boy is just 2 good for ricky, he could poss do itif he could get prttyboy doon tae his weight.

shortyball
16th April, 2008, 12:40 PM
talking about weight difference did anyone see the pretty boy against the big show at wretlemania. Thats was interesting to watch, 7ft 450lb vs whatever mayweather is.

opcbonas1234
16th April, 2008, 02:29 PM
omg hope they do will be a belter

shere
16th April, 2008, 09:08 PM
The last was a close fight, Hatton lost his balance and then hit the corner of the ring.

I am sure he will take this fight more seriously.

baretto
17th April, 2008, 05:12 PM
Ricky will have to step his game up big time if he wants to beat Mayweather

You cant go in the ring with Mayweather and just try and slug it out with him because he will just back off and just his you with accurate counter punches

Ricky will need to play tactically this time and not go all out

freddiestarr
18th April, 2008, 08:02 AM
the ref didnt help ricky last time if the fight comes off i think it will be closer but i would have to go for another mayweather win.but i would be willing hatton to knock him out

RUSTYROOY619
19th April, 2008, 08:39 PM
CAN'T SEE MAYWEATHER -HATTON REMATCH NOT GOING TO HAPPEN