PDA

View Full Version : grand vitara 2.0td ecu swop.

autoden
25th October, 2019, 08:35 AM
My own vehicle 2003 Grand vitara with Peugeot engine and ecu edc15c2. Car started as a 16 valve rhw engine. I replaced wth 8 valve rhy engine. All good but sel light is on because rhy does not have swirl flaps. Now the ecu has stopped deleting fault codes because of counter. So with the ecu, can i change it easy. Can not find one for Suzuki, but is fitted to all citroen and peugeot. Is it as easy as, fit and code keys. Would it be easier to send original ecu away and have counter reset and swirl flaps off. Car is now in limp. I would be grateful for any help with this and thank you for taking time to read this.

stanislav georgiev
25th October, 2019, 02:06 PM
Upload a Flash to remove the flaps. And eeprom reset counter

autoden
25th October, 2019, 09:11 PM
I only have carprog clone, and it not do this ecu. Can i get another ecu from citroen or peugeot? A friend has ktag, will this do the job?

rafal
26th October, 2019, 08:45 AM
the best way will be find ecu from RHY , immo off - job done
ktag will read all what you need

autoden
26th October, 2019, 10:03 AM
Thanks, just have to find good ECU.

autoden
27th October, 2019, 11:24 AM
Thanks to the people who took time to try and help me. I have Galletto. But ecu is not listed in suzuki, but is listed in peugeot 307 and others. Is it ok to read flash as one of these or does it have to be suzuki. Can i read through obd? Don,t mean to be a pest, but this is all wizardry to me.

rafal
27th October, 2019, 12:18 PM
will be good if you will post ecu info.................

autoden
29th October, 2019, 08:46 AM
I am going to try and read this today, but very busy at the moment. Thanks for any help.

autoden
1st November, 2019, 08:50 PM
Friends thank you for reading this. Here is the flash from my suzuki grand vitara 2.0td edc15c2. I hope someone can help with reset counter, swirl flaps off and egr off.663634

autoden
2nd November, 2019, 12:20 PM
Has anyone looked at this flash, its because this is my first time doing this.

autoden
3rd November, 2019, 10:36 AM
Come on guys give me a break, if its beer token,s that,s ok just let me know/.

autoden
4th November, 2019, 09:46 AM
Forgot to mention its a 3 plug bosch

marcobh5
4th November, 2019, 09:35 PM
Swirl in this engine not go in to recovery are you sure not have other problem?

autoden
5th November, 2019, 09:32 AM
I have other dtc but cannot clear them as its got a counter, so wont delete any faults. EGR is one, max speed exceeded, car in limp now and will not reset.

marcobh5
6th November, 2019, 11:22 PM
I can't help erase counter whit eeprom. If you want send some eeprom but need virginize

autoden
9th November, 2019, 12:07 PM
OK story so far, i got another ecu with immo off. Fitted to car and it started, no problem there. But central locking not working. So until i can get my key man out to program remote i fitted the original ecu back onto car. Now the original ecu has lost the central locking. Can someone explain how this happened. What tool required to program remote.

autoden
10th November, 2019, 05:09 AM
I found this, it might help someone. SUZUKI VITARA KEY REMOTE FOB RESET.
#1 switch ign off and close all doors.
#2 open drivers door and switch ign on
#3 switch ign on.
#4 press door ajar switch 3 times
#5 switch ign on then off.
#6 press and hold each button in turn for 5 seconds each.
#7 central locking should now work
#8 press and hold lock button.
#9 max of 2 remotes possible

autoden
12th November, 2019, 10:40 AM
Can anyone recomend a good place to send this ecu for reset etc in ecu