PDA

View Full Version : DTC off for skoda octavia 1.9 remap alh engine edc15vm+ stucked wastegate

antimon95
25th October, 2019, 09:21 PM
I need to disable 2 dtc codes. One is p1557 (positive deviation: charge pressure control) and second is p0234 overboost condition. Turbo has stucked westgate, boost actual going up to 2.58bar. Even if i put 2650 mbar, boost limit, it anyway goes to limp mode. On log it never reaches that value. Error is trigering only on highway 4-5 gear 3300-3500rpm. Tried to remove with dtc remover didn't help it. Now i need help from someone.

Not planning to replace turbo, until it failure, wastegate is imposibble to fix it, it is corroded.

accodinguk
26th October, 2019, 01:09 AM
Even if you delete Pcodes the car will still be the same. You need to fix the wastegate.

antimon95
26th October, 2019, 01:32 AM
Yes i know that, and i don't care, turbo is too old, for now disabling codes is much simplier solution.

Babos
26th October, 2019, 06:48 AM
Here your dump.
Best regards.
Babos.

DiegoStud
26th October, 2019, 10:49 AM
This is one of the worst threads I've ever read. The best help you could get is being told to fix your car.
1. Evidently your logging is poor.
2. When the turbo fails it will cost you far more
3. As a point for you to ponder- the difference in cylinder pressure simply due to compression (not accounting for combustion rate and temperature loss through cylinder walls) between the 2075mbar you are specifying and 2650mbar reported is around 40bar at TDC. Seeing the car is throwing DTCs you are exceeding 2650mbar therefore cylinder pressure will be even higher. Do you know the head gasket limits?

Are you sure you still don't care?

P1557 and p0234 are your friends

accodinguk
26th October, 2019, 06:23 PM
This is one of the worst threads I've ever read. The best help you could get is being told to fix your car.
1. Evidently your logging is poor.
2. When the turbo fails it will cost you far more
3. As a point for you to ponder- the difference in cylinder pressure simply due to compression (not accounting for combustion rate and temperature loss through cylinder walls) between the 2075mbar you are specifying and 2650mbar reported is around 40bar at TDC. Seeing the car is throwing DTCs you are exceeding 2650mbar therefore cylinder pressure will be even higher. Do you know the head gasket limits?

Are you sure you still don't care?

P1557 and p0234 are your friends

Could not agree more. If turbo fails you are risking the turbo fragments getting inside the engine and blowing engine. This happened to me twice. So basically you are willing to risk blowing up your engine instead of fixing simple things. Unless you are trying to sell the car on with no fault codes hmmmm

antimon95
28th October, 2019, 01:19 AM
I actually wanted to fix it, but 2 car mechanics, told me that wastegate in that state, cannot be fixed. And they told to drive it, until turbo fails completely. And car is driving almost 70 000km with that state. Car is from 2004 and 330 000 km onboard, any bigger investment isn't in my plan.

accodinguk
28th October, 2019, 02:27 AM
I actually wanted to fix it, but 2 car mechanics, told me that wastegate in that state, cannot be fixed. And they told to drive it, until turbo fails completely. And car is driving almost 70 000km with that state. Car is from 2004 and 330 000 km onboard, any bigger investment isn't in my plan.

Friend never go to that mechanic again lol