PDA

View Full Version : Kess v2 5.017 wake up error need help or advice

arejas
5th November, 2019, 09:32 PM
Hello everyone,i have red pcb kess v2 5.017 china clone,it worked well for few years on all ecus,did not had any problems,but past weeks i tryed on some ecus on VAG cars,for example vw edc17cp14 or audi edc16cp34 can’t event make id no matter what i try,no matter or i choose kline(min or max speed) or CAN, first it says unknown ecu and than wake up error,but previausly it worked good with these same cars or/and ecus,looks like it sometimes work sometimes not,can someone help me to try figure out how to solve this problem?I tryed sw 2.23 and 2.47,different usb ports,reinstaled drivers and still the same.Maybe make new sd card or format existing sd card?I tryed to lift and clean sd card slot pins on pcb,but it did not help.Different tools like fgtech or mpps get id,read or write from the first time smoothly on same cars.

gas43
6th November, 2019, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone,i have red pcb kess v2 5.017 china clone,it worked well for few years on all ecus,did not had any problems,but past weeks i tryed on some ecus on VAG cars,for example vw edc17cp14 or audi edc16cp34 can’t event make id no matter what i try,no matter or i choose kline(min or max speed) or CAN, first it says unknown ecu and than wake up error,but previausly it worked good with these same cars or/and ecus,looks like it sometimes work sometimes not,can someone help me to try figure out how to solve this problem?I tryed sw 2.23 and 2.47,different usb ports,reinstaled drivers and still the same.Maybe make new sd card or format existing sd card?I tryed to lift and clean sd card slot pins on pcb,but it did not help.Different tools like fgtech or mpps get id,read or write from the first time smoothly on same cars.

Buy a new brand quality micro sd (2-4gb) and do this....https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/713605-Kess-5-017-how-to-read-SD-card-or-create-a-new-SD-card?p=3645247&viewfull=1#post3645247

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/713605-Kess-5-017-how-to-read-SD-card-or-create-a-new-SD-card (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/713605-Kess-5-017-how-to-read-SD-card-or-create-a-new-SD-card?p=3645247&viewfull=1#post3645247)

systemlinux
6th November, 2019, 07:15 PM

replace DLLs and test

antimon95
7th November, 2019, 04:20 AM
I had same problem no id, "warning unknown ecu". But only on vag cars. Try to read even if error appears.

arejas
7th November, 2019, 05:41 PM
So maybe first i try replace sd card and than dlls and see how it goes,thank you!

systemlinux
7th November, 2019, 05:57 PM
So maybe first i try replace sd card and than dlls and see how it goes,thank you!

start with the most basic DLL and try

arejas
9th November, 2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks for everybody,DLL's did not help,but new premium SD Card solved wakeup error issue and gave more speed for making tasks for kess,tool working again with no wakeup error,!

So if some VAG or other ecus gives you wake up error or just randomly work/not work

1. Try re-copy-paste "fresh" DLL files to ksuite folder/DLL
2. Open your kess main unit and remove old sd card,lift sdcard slot pins and clean slot and sd card contacts with alchogol and make sure sd card slot soldered well to PCB
3. Buy new premium brand sd card and make new kess files for your sd card,use forum search for tutorials in the forum. Very easy to do.
If this didn't help,need to rework PCB or buy new tool.

systemlinux
9th November, 2019, 02:18 PM
You could do a small tutorial, as you solved the issue, in relation to the premium SD card and file copy.

RBTuning
9th November, 2019, 02:36 PM
The KESS Clone only works on older kind of cars and ecu's.
from 2009 and up the kess doesnt work.
You can try all you want but wont work.

Buy real tuning tools like CMD, BDM, ,magic motorsports

systemlinux
9th November, 2019, 02:48 PM

I have occupied KESS 2.47 RED PCB FW 7.020 in vehicles until 2014 for example the last one was a HYUNDAI NEW H1 with ecu DELPHI DCM3.7AP without any problem.

arejas
9th November, 2019, 06:35 PM
https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/DarkCore/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by RBTuning https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/DarkCore/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=3716028#post3716028)

I can not say that you are not right,but i know few people who have kess v2 clone and it works good with all protocols,even on cars till 2017,it all depends of the car and what type of ecu it uses.
I can say it can make 99% of cars wich we see on the roads

arejas
9th November, 2019, 06:41 PM
You could do a small tutorial, as you solved the issue, in relation to the premium SD card and file copy.

I did small tutorial,and for new sd card i used "gas43" user provided links on top of this thread,so i don't need to double post it.

arejas
19th November, 2019, 01:11 PM
Update:
After 1 week of usage,on audi q7 2007 yr 3.0tdi 155kw edc17cp04,identical same problem again(can’t make id),now even on edc16 ID does not work anymore,even it worked perfect for one week with new sdcard and new files.
Don’t think that sd card failed again.
Anyone can recommend good reable kess/ktag rework seller?

gas43
19th November, 2019, 02:37 PM
Try one more time to create the micro sd....
Are you sure that your micro sd is quality?

arejas
19th November, 2019, 02:57 PM
Try one more time to create the micro sd....
Are you sure that your micro sd is quality?
I will try to make new files on same SDcard and test,see if it helps.
My sd card is Verbatim Premium SDHC 16GB Class 10,read speed up to 80MB/s ,Water,Shock and Temperature resistant.

morgano
19th November, 2019, 08:50 PM
Borrow another DB25 to OBDII cable for kess from a friend and test with it.

arejas
20th November, 2019, 09:26 PM
So my story is a little bit funny.
As i told i tried one more time to make new files for my new verbatim sdcard and guess what,it started to work again!
So i thinked that sdcard slot or maybe sdcard itself is faulty,but later in a day i tryed to test again my kess unit with "fixed” sdcard and that time it stoped working again.(got wake up error again) So i tryed to press sdcard with finger while making ecu ID,changed usb ports and tryed to bend kess usb and main cables and i FOUND that when i bend main(kess to obd DB25) cable,voltage in ksuite drops from 12.3 to 3V,so found that "sweet" spot where it works perfect(ID,Read)on EDC16,17.

So question is,i think im not able to buy separate cable fast in europe,so does anyone can recommend where to buy highest possible quality clone?Or maybe china/eu rework?

gas43
21st November, 2019, 01:30 PM
So my story is a little bit funny.
As i told i tried one more time to make new files for my new verbatim sdcard and guess what,it started to work again!
So i thinked that sdcard slot or maybe sdcard itself is faulty,but later in a day i tryed to test again my kess unit with "fixed” sdcard and that time it stoped working again.(got wake up error again) So i tryed to press sdcard with finger while making ecu ID,changed usb ports and tryed to bend kess usb and main cables and i FOUND that when i bend main(kess to obd DB25) cable,voltage in ksuite drops from 12.3 to 3V,so found that "sweet" spot where it works perfect(ID,Read)on EDC16,17.

So question is,i think im not able to buy separate cable fast in europe,so does anyone can recommend where to buy highest possible quality clone?Or maybe china/eu rework?

Cable (144300KCAN) shipping from eu https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-programming-cables-for-KESS-V2-DimSport-Trasdata-BDM100-CMDFlash-Galletto/274099723044?hash=item3fd19ddb24:g:GO4AAOSwROld0CO t

There are not quality clones...it can work good but risk make big damage...
only solution for stable work is rework pcb...

arejas
21st November, 2019, 06:36 PM
Cable (144300KCAN) shipping from eu https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-programming-cables-for-KESS-V2-DimSport-Trasdata-BDM100-CMDFlash-Galletto/274099723044?hash=item3fd19ddb24:g:GO4AAOSwROld0CO t

There are not quality clones...it can work good but risk make big damage...
only solution for stable work is rework pcb...

Can china clone kess v2 5.017 work with original cable?Pinout is the same?

https://www.alientechuk.co.uk/products/144300kcan

arejas
23rd November, 2019, 11:10 AM
So bought new DB25(OBD2 to Kess) cable from local supplier,before checked pinout numbering with old cable included in package when i bought kess,all looked the same.
Plugged new cable to kess main unit and to cars(audi) obd,and kess main unit burned with smell of smoke..
I think all these cables have to be the same pinout,doesn’t matter or it is 2017 or 2018 kess 5.017 china clone version.

Does it possible that pinout is different or just broken new cable?

robertogo
11th July, 2021, 12:47 PM
Hi, I bought a tried kess clone via obd and it works.

I try to read the ecu in boot mode but I get wakeup error, can you recommend which of the 3 tools to use?

and especially if the yellow wire is the kline?

the ecu in question is a sim4lke, I should clone it already tried with mpps in boot mode I got a complete reading of the flash but at the time of writing it deleted the flash and gave a writing error, now I have the empty flash readable with mpps and i can't with kess

thank you