PDA

View Full Version : play iso's on a V1.50...........

estate
1st January, 2010, 03:35 PM
sorry for what is probably a really stupid question, but back in the day i bought a brand new psp v1.50, used it once played NFSU, got bored, and put it back in the box, till today!!!!!!!!!! now i want some games! lol!, how easy is it to play iso's from a memory stick? what do i need to do? devhook? pandora battery? sell a kidney?

burakulger
4th January, 2010, 12:19 AM
first of all you would need a psp with a cfw (custom firmware) if not to do this you would need a pandora battery and a magic memory stick am not going to go in detail on how to do this but you can buy these stuff on the net or make them your self there are alot of guides on how to do this good luck!

janobi
8th January, 2010, 08:00 PM
I remember those days. lol. With the spongebob loader by kumvala. As said earlier mate, upgrade to custom FW, and you dont use loaders anymore mate. They are built in, so you just drop the ISO into the ISO folder, and it appears in the game folder like an original. Also you can play games without having a UMD in the drive. Should be some guides on here mate, think the most recent CFW is 5.50, so take a look, and have a read. But you will need to upgrade gradually, you cannot just upgrade from 1.5 to 5.50, or at least I dont think you can.

rh8x
25th February, 2010, 01:46 AM
Still need help?

ianmac
25th February, 2010, 08:03 PM
sorry for what is probably a really stupid question, but back in the day i bought a brand new psp v1.50, used it once played NFSU, got bored, and put it back in the box, till today!!!!!!!!!! now i want some games! lol!, how easy is it to play iso's from a memory stick? what do i need to do? devhook? pandora battery? sell a kidney?

I was the same m8, found my son's PSP last month & it was on 1.50 with Devhook on the mem stick... lol

Sounds like you must have one of the first ones that came out like mine.

Anyway I revived this one to play some of the newer games now & it was easier to do than the old Devhook days.

You just need to follow the instructions from these 2 youtube videos, all the links to the files you need to make it happen are on the right hand side of the video.

The guy in the video doing the tutorial sounds like he has just lost a boxing match with "Mike Tyson", either that or he is missing his Nose, so there's subtitles for the bits you can't understand because of his voice... :roflmao:

Once you have the files it will prob thake you about 20mins m8..

Hope This Helps

--- Ian ---

:wink:

YouTube - How to install CFW 5.00m33 on psp WITHOUT pandora battery. on Firmware 5.03 (PART 1 OF 2)

YouTube - How to install CFW 5.00m33 on psp WITHOUT pandora battery. on Firmware 5.03 (PART 2 OF 2)

:beer: