PDA

View Full Version : Remote frozen

ryantcb
1st January, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hey thanks for reading this post.
I have the Eurovox pvr5000 I have had it working for the last year. Its not a clone and been flashed correctly. However my Eurovox has suddenly stopped responding to my remote.
I changed the batteries and no change
I used my camera phone and see that the LED flashes
So the remote has to be fine the problem has to lay with the receiver. But it doesnt because I have sling player and when I use my mobile to change channel it does meaning the receiver is still accepting the signal. So the remote works and the box works.
So why wont it they work together suddenly?

Thanks for your replys:celticparty:

telecom69
2nd January, 2010, 02:10 AM
Try unplugging the box completely from the mains socket,not just switching it off, and let it reboot, if it still doesn't work then it looks like the remote reciever on the box has gone faulty,since your sure that everything else is ok ...

ryantcb
2nd January, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just updating so this thread can be closed.
I took the remote apart and removed the rubber key pad and then simply put it back together. Then it worked I guess one of the keys got stuck (probably something under the rubber and between the circuit board maybe!) Any way its back on now.
Thanks though for trying to help goes to telecom69 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/27957-telecom69/).