PDA

View Full Version : laptop problem

marky01
21st September, 2008, 12:43 PM
hi guys problem with laptop (hp 550) is that it doesnt boot up correctly it says there is a bootmanager problem so i need to put operating disk in and repair but it never seems 2 work. p s laptop is only 2 weeks old any help would be much appreciated.

Jaffa
21st September, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi there m8. When you got the notebook did you make a recovery disc ???

If so then following instructions at link below to restore system to factory settings or repair the operating system.

If you didnt make a recovery cd, then at the link below page down until you see this.

Creating the recovery discs from the Command Prompt
Use the following steps to create a Recovery CD set without starting Windows:

Then follow the instructions to make a recovery disc.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=c00608578 (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=c00608578)

marky01
21st September, 2008, 01:23 PM
will give it a try mate and let u know how i get on.

davemac82
21st September, 2008, 05:05 PM
hi guys problem with laptop (hp 550) is that it doesnt boot up correctly it says there is a bootmanager problem so i need to put operating disk in and repair but it never seems 2 work. p s laptop is only 2 weeks old any help would be much appreciated.

If its only 2 weeks old and it has a bootup problem send it back to where it came from and demand a new one !!! even if you get it up and running properly it may have a faulty harddrive and you'll be back 2 square one in a couple of weeks HP laptops are infamous for having dodgy sata drives in them do yourself a favour and send it back

marky01
21st September, 2008, 06:11 PM
think thats the only option left but they will only send me another lappy thats probably ~~~~ed aswell

davemac82
23rd September, 2008, 09:22 PM
think thats the only option left but they will only send me another lappy thats probably ~~~~ed aswell

what you find hp will do is just send you a new HDD out if you are confident of installing one yourself I sold HP lappys in my shop for a while and when anything went wrong with HDD they just sent me out new one with pre paid courier to send old one back.

give them a phone