PDA

View Full Version : MS41 bmw kess reading problem

Asteros
11th November, 2019, 06:59 PM
Hi guys i have ews issues in my m52b28 its completly empty(eeprom) My friend try to read modify ecu from same engine by kess v2 but i thing its partical read and we can't copy whole ecu memory to remap my ecu. Its kess issue or we need ms41 quickflash to do it right? Maybe ktag can do it on bench? Any ideas?

Lambda1
11th November, 2019, 07:40 PM
no bootmode no ktag ... kess always only read partial and fullfill at this and many other eucs...
quickflash will work in fullread for fullread.

Stelaras26
11th November, 2019, 07:44 PM
You can use this tool with a correct pinout and a kdcan cable or old vag kkl i think!
reads full 512kb or partial.

Asteros
11th November, 2019, 08:01 PM
I can't download this file becouse i'm new user. I have obd2 cable with switch for bmw and i seen some videos what to do but they use many programs to do it right. For my needs quick flash will be all? Read from moded one, write second one and that's it.

Lambda1
11th November, 2019, 08:23 PM
if both flashable and ews delete sure or you sync ews again after.

Asteros
11th November, 2019, 08:36 PM
I already readed two ecu's by flash tool and i have problem. First map from moded ecu is "wrong file" for flash tool. It is possible to make it work or i need another ecu to write moded map? If i would like make a copy whole ecu with vin etc i need unsolder chip and use special programer or this is bad way to do it?