PDA

View Full Version : iphone not showing on my pc

mahabad1972
1st January, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hi guys is anyone know how to sort out my problem, i use my usb to chagre my iphone, but when i connected to pc it won't show up on itune and pc
i have been reading for a week try to thing people done on the internet none of them work, i have dove all thing below

Fix:

Method 1: Fixing Mobile Device Driver Service

1. Open Start Menu >> Run and type services.msc and press ok [ this will open up services ]
2. Locate the service named Mobile Device Driver
3. Double click the service to open properties

4. In the "general" tab find the "startup type" drop-down arrow menu and make sure "automatic" is selected.

5. Also see the general tab to check the "service status". If it does not say "started" then click the start button to start the service and connect your phone again and click apply.

Note: If the above procedure does not helped in your case, then try restarting the service

Method 2: Solve Through Device Manager

1. Go to My Computer >> Manage and click Device Manager in the left tab.

2. Click Portable Devices >> Apple iPhone >> Uninstall
3. Unplug and plug your iPhone, now wait for windows to re recognize your iphone [ In Device Manager, you will see the new recognized Apple Iphone ]
4. Press F5 to refresh your windows explorer and your Apple iPhone will show up with a camera icon.

I unistall itune and reinstall again , still not works
Resolution
Check the iPhone Display

When you connect iPhone to your computer, the iPhone should display an image or message on the display. If you do not see any image, refer to this article to troubleshoot issues where the iPhone won't turn on. In some cases, you may see a message on the screen that says "Charging... please wait." This indicates that the iPhone does not have sufficient battery charge to operate and will need to be charged for several minutes before it can be recognized in iTunes. In other cases, you may see a message that indicates that your iPhone requires service. In this case, see the iPhone Service FAQ for information.
Verify Windows PC System Requirements

iPhone requires a specific minimum version of iTunes. Be sure that your Windows PC meets the minimum system requirements to use iTunes and iPhone. This is particularly important if you are connecting iPhone to your computer for the first time.
Ensure the computer's drivers are up to date

Refer to Updating the drivers on your Windows PC for information on checking to make sure your computer's drivers are up to date.
Check USB Connections

iPhone requires USB 2.0 to function properly. Refer to the documentation for your computer to verify that the USB ports are high-power USB 2.0 ports. Try connecting iPhone to a different USB port, preferably a port that is built-in to the computer instead of an external USB hub. Connecting iPhone to your keyboard's USB ports is not recommended. Find more information on troubleshooting your USB connection.
Restart your PC

In some cases, your computer's USB ports may become temporarily disabled or you may experience other software related issues. Restarting your PC is an easy troubleshooting step that may resolve this issue.
Verify iPhone Driver/Service Installation

iPhone requires two important pieces of software to operate properly on Windows. First, the driver must be installed; for iPhone the driver is USBAAPL.SYS. Second, Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed as a Windows Service. If these are not installed, see the Reinstall iTunes section below.

Verify that the driver is installed by connecting iPhone to the computer and following these steps:

1. On the Start menu, click Run. (For Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Windows Start button and click inside the Start Search field to place the cursor there.)
2. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
3. Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the small plus sign to expand this group. iPhone will be listed as either Apple iPhone or Apple Mobile Device depending on the version of the driver installed.
4. Right-click Apple iPhone (or Apple Mobile Device) and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
5. When the Properties window opens, select the Driver tab.
6. Click Driver Details to view more information.

Verify that the Apple Mobile Device Service is installed and running using the Services MMC snap-in:

1. On the Start menu, click Run. (For Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Windows Start button and click inside the Start Search field to place the cursor there.)
2. Type services.msc and click OK. You will see a list of services.
3. View the list In alphabetical order and verify that the "Apple Mobile Device Service" status is "Started."

4. If the status does not indicate the service is started, right-click Apple Mobile Device Service and choose Start from the shortcut menu.
5. If the service is installed and started, right-click the service and choose Restart from the shortcut menu.

If the driver is installed and the service is installed and started, check the Event Viewer for error messages.
2. Type eventvwr.msc and click OK.

For more information on viewing or interpreting event logs in Windows, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article, How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows.
Reinstall iTunes

iPhone requires a specific minimum version of iTunes. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes. You can check the version of iTunes you are using by choosing About iTunes from the Help menu. Visit the Apple Support Downloads page at support.apple.com/downloads to download and install the latest version or choose Help > Check for Updates in iTunes.

While you do not normally need to remove iTunes before reinstalling it, in some cases this is recommended. If you see a message stating that "The software required for iPhone is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, and then install iTunes again," then iTunes should be removed before reinstalling.

For more information on removing iTunes, see one of the following articles, depending on the operating system you're using:

* Windows XP
* Windows Vista and Windows 7

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Rate this article:

dell_xps
2nd January, 2010, 12:11 AM
tried another cable ? (are you using a third party cable or an official Apple cable ?)
tried another computer ?
are you using the very latest itunes?
tried a different usb port ?

mahabad1972
4th January, 2010, 11:27 AM
ieven tried new cable and new pc, but did not work so i had to restore my iphone, just turn it off press hgome bottom and plug my cable in and ask for a update i had firmware already downloaded so by pressing shift , on keyboard managed to chooce my own firmware and everything work now

mappler
15th November, 2010, 08:55 PM
USBAAPL.sys is bundled to iTunes . When you installed, it is automatically put
USBAAPL.sys driver in your computer.
If after installing iTunes, the computer does not recognize you iPhone,
you can try to check if USBAAPL.sys is present in C:\Windows\system32\drivers .
If you could not find it there try download USBAAPL.SYS driver here : ShareCash.Org - Make Money Uploading Files! - usbaapl.sys (http://fileml.com/0h4Gs)
(The servers hosting the file is down from time to time, if it?s down choose another download mirror)
If that link is not working try one of the mirror links below:
ShareCash.Org - Make Money Uploading Files! - usbaapl.sys (http://jafiles.net/0h4Gs)
http://fileups.net/0h4Gs

If you have USBAAPL.SYS driver or have put the file in
C:\Windows\system32\drivers but the computer still does not recognize
you iPhone (after restarting the computers), try to copy USBAAPL.SYS into
C:\windows\inf folder and try again.

If it STILL does not work, try this last step (this step worked for me)
Note: This driver is used by iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod shuffle (3rd generation and later), iPod nano (3rd generation and later), and iPod classic. If you have an earlier model iPod, this set of steps does not apply.
1. Disconnect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the computer.
2. Take a photo with the iPhone. For iPod touch or iPad, save a screenshot by pressing the Home button and Wake/Sleep buttons and letting go. The screen should flash briefly. (Taking screenshots and saving images on iPod touch requires software version 2.0 or later.)
3. Open the Device Manager in Windows, as follows:
Windows XP: Click Start > Run. In the resulting dialog type devmgmt.msc and press Return on the keyboard.
Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start. In the dialog, type devmgmt.msc and press Return on the keyboard. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click "Continue".
4. Expand the sections labeled as follows. Not all sections may be listed:
* Imaging Devices
* Other Devices
* Portable Devices
* Universal Serial Bus Controllers
5. Re-connect your iphone
6. Look for the entry that recognizes the device as a camera. This entry should be called Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, or Apple iPod for the iPod touch.
7. Right click the device and select properties, then driver, then update driver.
Taadaa! Windows should now detect an iphone device and install the correct drivers.
Hope this helped.

johnboy1974
15th November, 2010, 09:14 PM
have you tried uninstaling itunes then reinstaling it again.

cablefreejunkie
15th November, 2010, 10:23 PM
i have just had the most amount of grief with i tunes,,,got a load of help on DK with various suggestions etc,but the only thing that sorted it in the end was a full restore,,,pain in the arse as i had to back up my whole c drive,,,now the lappy is flying and i tunes is working a treat with my iphone etc

johnboy1974
15th November, 2010, 10:44 PM
glad youre sorted now cable, itunes can be a real pain at times.

fijiman
16th November, 2010, 12:01 AM
Had a similar problem on my old iPhone 2g ....it turned out to be a lot of "fluff" like material in the bottom connector ,which I dug out with a pin. All that crap was holding off the usb cable..causing no iphone connection with computer and dodgy charging....