PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800HD Clone and Sky HD

Blizzarduk
2nd January, 2010, 03:30 AM
I am fed up with not being able to use my PC for archiving material from my Sky HD box (I want to keep them on my PC HDD for streamer viewing). So I want to use a method that allows me to do this. I have a white Sky HD card sub. I saw DVBSeller.com selling clones (well, I am guessing they are clones given the price) for around ?220 + post for the 800HD.

Would this unit allow me to capture Sky HD channels in source quality using my legit sub ? If so, how do I get recordings to my PC ? Many thanks !!

karlpowell
2nd January, 2010, 07:41 AM
yes it would , I use flash FXP to copy the files from my dreambox hard drive to my PC , they are oll in TS format ( transport stream) and can be watch using VLC

digsatman
2nd January, 2010, 05:23 PM
I too wanted to do this and was very pleased to discover that the recorded ts (transport stream) contains all the original soundtracks and subtitle streams - unlike my Sky HD box.

Blizzarduk
3rd January, 2010, 09:24 PM
Great, are there any guides on how to do this ? I know nothing about ccam or hex or anything like that. Also does it allow recording of HD channels from the white card at the identical bitrate they aired at ? I saw this for ?190 + ?9 postage, any good ? http://www.ubattery.co.uk/dm-800-hd-pvr-dreambox-800-satellite-receiver-p-1393.html?zenid=u5sq1bubp6be1bs6336gk4e322

digsatman
3rd January, 2010, 09:33 PM
Yes there are guides here on DK. My DM800 came with the Nabilosat firmware already installed and I did not have to do anything except plug my valid Sky subscription card into the card slot and all worked. I have since read about ccam and it does not seem overly complicated given the number of guides and examples given both here and elsewhere.

The recordings are effectively the original transport stream decrypted so you get everything as it was originally broadcast - this is why I said I was pleasantly surprised to find I had all the soundtracks and subtitles as originally broadcast.

Blizzarduk
3rd January, 2010, 09:55 PM
Sounds perfect, will have to invest in one, I hope that ubattery.co.uk website is legit and wont leg it with my dosh.

tvadict
3rd January, 2010, 10:40 PM
Why not buy direct from china or hong kong? ?160 delivered in Uk within 5 days via DHL

pongo snodgrass
3rd January, 2010, 10:48 PM
Why not buy direct from china or hong kong? ?160 delivered in Uk within 5 days via DHL
can you post a link mate..

madmanuk
4th January, 2010, 12:03 AM
yo lads i'm getting a 800hd but how can i tell if its a clone and if it is are they ok

satkr
4th January, 2010, 06:32 AM
i think dvbkey.com is best ,
first them box quality very good ,
and they update new IMG everyday on them forum

Blizzarduk
4th January, 2010, 06:45 AM
Is DVBMonkey.com any good ? They seem cheap too.

Bonesy
4th January, 2010, 08:54 AM
Is DVBMonkey.com any good ? They seem cheap too.

Please read other threads on here regards sellers....dvbmonkey and dvbkey not read good reports on. Some report didnt arrvie or if they did, no support when faulty.

Superman
4th January, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yeh ive heard bad results from these, and its only a few pounds more from UK if you include delivery?

super

Blizzarduk
4th January, 2010, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know of a reputable seller that sells DM800HD for around the ?200 mark ?

packetstormer
11th January, 2010, 01:46 PM
_http://www.linuxsat.co.uk

I just ordered an DM800 on Friday and it arrived on my desk today. I am not in the UK. Great service and came in just over the ?200 mark.

Superman
11th January, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah there a few uk sellers offering these prices.

Super