PDA

View Full Version : Petrol guide

dzejkoff
15th November, 2019, 01:50 PM
Hello guys anyone have some petrol chiptuning guide ?
Thanks on advance!

Lambda1
15th November, 2019, 06:29 PM
There isnt something out there because depend on ecu...
petrol is log log log tune log log log tune ...

moky
15th November, 2019, 10:52 PM
and soon christmas...!

dzejkoff
17th November, 2019, 11:15 AM
Okay but winols is good option to tune the petrol ecu, why I ask because I am looking to buy some software good for tune petrol cars and I'am not sure what choice will be the best maybe ECM TITANIUM ? Thanks in advance

mcb78
17th November, 2019, 11:18 AM
Winols is the best option

jurebv
17th November, 2019, 11:39 AM
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://nefariousmotorsports.com

Its motronic mostly however but even if you need another ecu ,you get some idea on how petrol tuning works (afr etc)

dzejkoff
17th November, 2019, 01:13 PM
Usually you read dump in winols by 8 bit ? because I know where I can find maps in diesel car but with petrol cars I have problem . Some ppl are very good here to modify petrol cars so maybe someone explain me

RBTuning
19th November, 2019, 12:39 PM
Its hard to explain, I went to school to become a tuner cost me about 10K
I can teach you but wont be free

Lambda1
19th November, 2019, 12:48 PM
the only thing which will teach you is test and fail to got own experience . School is good for basics to learn how engine works ...

dzejkoff
19th November, 2019, 08:50 PM
Yes that's true we will see in the further now I have problem with choice the tuning software just for remapping where I can make stage 3 . Now I have winols and ecm titanium clone verions winols it's not so bad in clone version but much better orginal, ecm titanium it's very shit clone version but after one year learning how works chiptuning and staff like that I decide to buy orginal verions but I'm not sure which one software ... ;( ;)

dzejkoff
19th November, 2019, 08:53 PM
Can I ask you lambda ?
If you tune the petrol car mostly which software do you use ? ECM ? WINOLS ? Or something another
I saw many times you help some ppl with tune the petrol cars so that why I ask you.
Thanks for advice ;)

Lambda1
19th November, 2019, 09:10 PM
winols only

jurebv
19th November, 2019, 09:29 PM
Every basics can be learned online with damos and forums , and to become master it comes with working and experience , of course winols is only way to go

BR

augustinbz
19th November, 2019, 09:34 PM
Its hard to explain, I went to school to become a tuner cost me about 10K
I can teach you but wont be free
where have u been for training ? 10k is not so much money.

augustinbz
19th November, 2019, 09:35 PM
for petrol tuning... you need a lot to learn and to test
best is to have winols + dyno + logger... and will be very good point of start

dzejkoff
19th November, 2019, 09:44 PM
yes I know that mate but is not cheap to buy all that staff but I collect some money and in the further I will buy dyno.
Yes experience is more important think to do it propely and without it you don't believe in yourself
Anyway thanks guys for your reply.
I will go sleep see you tomorrow :*

Lambda1
19th November, 2019, 10:51 PM
no need of dyno in beginning... at the end the cars runs on streets not dynos... so get good logging tool and knowledge about engine, cars... + logging. Than log series cars and understand.
learn about different ecu architectures and modells. learn how to read, write files and how they are build. after this do changes, log log log, understand. do changes, log log log and you will see.
dyno is nice tool to speed up work but absoluty not necessary. At the end best tunes are live tunes on street with simulator because on street different forces, more load...