PDA

View Full Version : SAT OR CABLE, ???

georgio
21st September, 2008, 06:38 PM
hi guy's am thinking of changing my cable to sat, can anyone give us any pointer's on whats the best box on the market for sat, or should i stay with cable...

spectra
21st September, 2008, 07:35 PM
Satellite will give you so many more channels but will need more maintenance cable needs nothing once setup but same old channels get a dreambox of your choice there's many to choose from for cable or satellite or even both tuners in same box!

georgio
24th September, 2008, 12:33 PM
i have got myself a 500s i am only currently able to get fta channel's can anyone point us in the right direction, to get the other channel's.... cheer's

Curious123
24th September, 2008, 02:22 PM
The channels you can recieve will be dependant on what sort of equipment you have installed. You also need to supply a bit more info as what image you are using what cams you have loaded. Do you have a fixed dish or a motorised dish because if you a fixed dish than you will be limited to a particular satellite and only be able to recieve the channels on that sat.

georgio
25th September, 2008, 11:40 AM
hi curious, thanks for the reply, i currently using a gemini image and my dish is fixed at the moment but am hoping to get a motorised dish shortly, regarding the cams do i download them via dreamup ??? cheer's m8

Curious123
25th September, 2008, 12:45 PM
If you have dreambox connected to the internet than you can download the cam directly to your dreambox and install automatically from the Gemini download server. Dreamup is only ever used for flashing an image onto your box or making a backup of your dreambox.

.: JaCkPoT :.
25th September, 2008, 02:16 PM
Buy a openmedia receiver. They give sat and cable and they can also cardshare i think