PDA

View Full Version : Google OS

DanielHatesYou
2nd January, 2010, 05:09 PM
Anyone tried the new Google OS? Is it worth downloading?

TopGun
11th January, 2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, installed on my netbook but failed to fully work (doesn't support touchpad) but its nothing for the end-user to get excited about its just a build to help developers.

I would wait for a end product unless you are a programmer or want a barebone linux machine. Not all hardware support the operting system unless you go looking for the drivers.

prestomadcat
16th January, 2010, 04:30 PM
I've hada mess about with it. It's basically a web browser and nothing more. But once google have finished Google Wave and it gets a decent music player shud be sorted lol.
I've been trying to write a few addons for it but end up messing with Google Wave (got a few spare invite ;) ) and doing other projects lol

dctyper
16th January, 2010, 05:28 PM
once again, google should stick to what they are good at

xant14
18th January, 2010, 01:33 PM
I disagree dct, let google get on with it, it can only help bring down prices against monopolising companies like MS.
I don't think it will topple the windows OS, but it might shake them up a little.

dinocol
22nd May, 2010, 02:44 AM
im really interested to see what google can conjure up in the future.. maybe they should concentrate on android and release it for the pc market.. :D

lawpower
6th August, 2010, 01:58 PM
someday - Computer will be google, running google OS, using google phone, whlie driving the google car or taking the google bus. Then u get to the google bank...

Tyagiji
14th September, 2010, 12:57 AM
Which one is better - Google Chrome or IE8? Specially while we count speed.:willy:

radu_gostian
28th September, 2010, 02:55 PM
Firefox :P

simong6
2nd October, 2010, 09:29 PM
once again, google should stick to what they are good at

I disagree, the rate at which Google are expanding - this OS Android, etc. I can see a nice little Niche opening up and Google style accreditations being created. Personally I think google are a company to watch, and if you can get in from the start as an engineer I think a good career can be made from them

xant14
5th October, 2010, 11:06 PM
Which one is better - Google Chrome or IE8? Specially while we count speed.:willy:

Chrome, without a doubt.

Firefox :P

Chrome, without a doubt. Even the Firefox developer, MD whatever she is says chrome is faster.

ilinilin
6th February, 2011, 09:39 AM
Chrome maybe, but I've read somewhere that there are some very serious privacy concerns with it... So Firefox :)

markybhoy007
28th March, 2011, 08:55 PM
Firefox everytime :party :

ces
30th March, 2011, 12:15 PM
Firefox will leave chrome standing if you pipeline it.

AbsoluteFire
30th March, 2011, 04:01 PM
I was purely firefox for years, but have been using chrome mostly recently.

Love the lack of title and menu bar.

Back to the topic, tried a USB bootable version of ChromiumOS.
It works ok but not enough plugins/apps at the moment to do anything really useful. Sure it was fast, but I don't really have issues with a slow PC normally.

xant14
4th April, 2011, 01:20 PM
Firefox will leave chrome standing if you pipeline it.

whassat mean then? :hmmmm:

Shady
4th April, 2011, 01:26 PM
if u use ff while smoking a crack pipe..its all faster..and more colourful.. but then you have to sell ur pc for a tenner to fund ur habit :(

drawflex
12th April, 2011, 04:52 AM
since M$ seem to have made their whole 'innovations' department redundant a few years ago, good to see other players in-on it..... they've smashed M$ in the phone OS market.. so good-on em...

<Sent from phone, as i had to sell PC>

mikeamcginty
30th April, 2011, 11:15 AM
google chrome everytime

jaitea
10th May, 2011, 11:06 PM
Sounds Good

hackdoom
12th May, 2011, 02:01 AM
is a Gentoo Linux , is called Chromium OS
no usb ,plug/play so .no printer :(