PDA

View Full Version : BMW MS42 E46 328 with MS43 M54B30 intake manifold firmware conversion request

se93
22nd November, 2019, 09:13 PM
Greetings,
I am looking to have the following tuning done:

The DME in my vehicle is a Siemens MS42, running with 00100AD firmware and the vehicle is a 2000 BMW E46 328Ci

This vehicle has had the intake manifold swapped for the M54B30 unit.

Now, I am looking to see if someone can integrate the airmass/intake model/intake air map values from the MS43 M54B30 and fully integrate the applicable values to the corresponding maps on the MS42 DME.

This is to optimize the firmware file so the M54B30 intake manifold works at its best.

Let me know

Regards,

Mark

Lambda1
22nd November, 2019, 10:54 PM
log and tune... isnt as hard.
also change cams ... for ex 330i intake cam or higher one...
m54b30 manifold, b30 injectors, b30 intake cam, race header... i got 242Ps and over 320nm dynoed (more than 5 times, 5 different cars).
No, i dont set you tha values... you should learn how to do! only way log and analyze ;).

dont think so much about ign... ign is nearly good. fuel need remap, vanos, disa and you read to go. so first set lambda correct ;9.

se93
22nd November, 2019, 11:14 PM
log and tune... isnt as hard.
also change cams ... for ex 330i intake cam or higher one...
m54b30 manifold, b30 injectors, b30 intake cam, race header... i got 242Ps and over 320nm dynoed (more than 5 times, 5 different cars).
No, i dont set you tha values... you should learn how to do! only way log and analyze ;).

dont think so much about ign... ign is nearly good. fuel need remap, vanos, disa and you read to go. so first set lambda correct ;9.

Hi,

Thanks for your logical and very predicable response.

Doesn’t the DME have fixed data so it recognizes the airmass volume and intake model characteristics in regards to the specific intake manifold employed in the engine assembly? To me there must be maps that set these standards for the DME to synchronize the proper function of the engine and the airmass role properties the factory intake manifold has on the engine.

That is what i am interested in. Once that is done, the rest of the necessary parameters can be tweaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk