PDA

View Full Version : need a little help with 2.0L jaguar x type map

cosmicma
24th November, 2019, 12:00 PM
i had somebody so called remap my 2010 jaguar x type 2.0L diesel ( ford engine ) unfortunately they've made a bit of a mess of it ( 2 attempts ) there's literally no power below 2,250rpm and then comes in all at once but doesn't feel like it's making more power just shifted it up the rev range but that part of the story is my problem and will get him to put the original map back as the car is almost undriveable the way it is at the moment

i asked for a copy of the original map and he gave me the file attached
the hardware / software he used was Kess to program and retrieve the map and modified it with WinOLS

i'm not sure if the file i have been given is actually a backup of my original map could somebody verify what it is please

any help would be greatly appreciated

cosmicma
24th November, 2019, 06:06 PM
no one ???

cosmicma
25th November, 2019, 11:13 AM
no one willing to help ?

i know it's a big ask with me not being active on this forum but we usually join forums like this to gain knowledge and over the time i have been a member i have done a lot of reading / lurking but the forum is full of people with a lot more knowledge than me on the subject so i tend to sit in the background so to speak but i really do need help on this one

thanks to anybody who has taken time to read this

Summa
25th November, 2019, 11:52 AM
Hi.

Love your story and nice writing skills.

Go with a local tuner, or look for someone that know what it doing , but you should pay for that.

Looking for free remap ? Nothing wrong with that either, for sure, someone will like to try his skills on your car, or offer you an act of good will, or maybe will chase you to be his next customer. Good luck for both of you in any of the case.

pike
25th November, 2019, 11:54 AM
Hi,

Incorrect original ECU file

cosmicma
25th November, 2019, 12:06 PM
Hi.

Love your story and nice writing skills.

Go with a local tuner, or look for someone that know what it doing , but you should pay for that.

Looking for free remap ? Nothing wrong with that either, for sure, someone will like to try his skills on your car, or offer you an act of good will, or maybe will chase you to be his next customer. Good luck for both of you in any of the case.

that's not what i was looking for at all
i was asking if somebody could verify the the file i was given was the original ecu file
i did pay a local tuner to re map the car and he's made a bit of a mess of it what i was asking is if somebody could look at the file and tell me if it was what it is supposed to be so i can go to another tuning place and have them sort it out

cosmicma
25th November, 2019, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Incorrect original ECU file

any idea what it is ?

cosmicma
26th November, 2019, 01:05 AM
an update

the car is now back on it's stock map and iv'e had a chat with the guy who mapped my civic back in 2015 and he is going to map it properly tomorrow

the file i have isn't really important any more but thanks to Pike for taking the time to answer the guy who is going to map it tomorrow pretty much said the same thing that the file was not right

lesson learnt :)