PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 E70 4.0d EDC17CP45 help need mat be bricked?

quato79
25th November, 2019, 03:00 PM
Hi friends, need advice and help for a BMW X5 with edc17cp45 ecu DDE8 , Opened the ecu, connected everything as described, tried to read with KTAG with only boot pin soldered to board, but cannot read,ktag waits 5 min and returns with message cannot ecu info. Now I plugged the ecu in the car car wont start!,Cranks but no start, no error codes, read s with diagnostic, makes actuation test nad so on, But no Start!

Does anyone had similar problems? Or ecu is fried?

Thanks!

Inquizit0r
25th November, 2019, 03:03 PM
Doubleheck ECU connector pins and then make sync with ISTA-D.

Myjector
25th November, 2019, 03:08 PM
Did you try to flip the pcb?

Inquizit0r
25th November, 2019, 03:19 PM
If you disassemble this ECU - it's dead. It must be drilled.

quato79
25th November, 2019, 03:37 PM
yes I did opened the back side, it was not too hard, had made many before,but this time no start, and ktag doesnt give me GPT connection, only boot pin and can lines
dont know if it is fried when opening it or reading it, why no errors?

Have Ista-d but didnt try

Inquizit0r
25th November, 2019, 03:45 PM
Check integerity of square drivers on plate. Pin soldering or silicon damage.

quato79
25th November, 2019, 07:43 PM
Hi,checked everything looks well, now tested , I think smth with the fuel pump area in the ecu is damaged, when cranking now throws error "004B90-Rail pressure MOnitoring On Engine Start" or EOBD error coresponds to "P016D-Excessive Time to enter Closed Loop Fuel Pressure Control".

regards

Myjector
25th November, 2019, 08:24 PM
You will need a donor ecu. You damage the internal circuit during fliping the PCB

quato79
25th November, 2019, 08:57 PM
Yes, I think so, I will buy another ecu,but the main problem then will be: How will I adapt this ecu to the car, anyone knows or can do it? I have Inpa ,also X431... For MB , VAG Chrysler its more easy, but never did BMW ecu adaptation...

Regards

figani
25th November, 2019, 09:08 PM
Yes, I think so, I will buy another ecu,but the main problem then will be: How will I adapt this ecu to the car, anyone knows or can do it? I have Inpa ,also X431... For MB , VAG Chrysler its more easy, but never did BMW ecu adaptation...

Regards

if itīs manual gear you can make immo off...
in other case you`ll have to read out ISN from CAS unit...
and to exchange it in donor ecu and or in CAS unit...

quato79
25th November, 2019, 09:44 PM
No, the car is automatic X5 2010 year E70 4.0d , I cannor read with Ktag, gives me protocol 221,doesnt give option like other edc17cp45, like protocol 667 with GPT, tried with galetto too , but cannot read, on Ktag when reading at the beginning there is info button flashing -to check if firmware is compatible with ktag, via OBD plug for ktag, but dont have cable... if I succeed making full backup it will be easy to make it on donor ecu, but dont know how to read it... If someone has info about how to read this ecu will be super.
Read somewhere that will need ISN code from cas but this is very risky,never did that seems too coplicated to me.

Best regards

figani
26th November, 2019, 08:16 AM
Itīs all very easy...
you use words like Ktag, GPT...
but you use clones...?
and that makes the whole thing complicated for you...

al70
26th November, 2019, 10:52 AM
the ktag obd cable is quite simple to make, the pinout is online somewhere, i had it once and i lost it but itsout there, goodluck.670023

smotorsport
26th November, 2019, 11:10 AM
Even if you manage to read full backup of original ecu how this will help you with the new ecu?

quato79
26th November, 2019, 09:41 PM
Yes I use clones and originals also, I think I am not the only one...This why I search help.
al70 thanks for the pinout, will make cable to try to make id.
smotorsport - I dont have idea if I can make full backup and write to another ecu it will work,didnt try before, on most cars it works.

Regards

figani
27th November, 2019, 08:10 AM
originals also...

mate, if you use originals for this kind of job...
then you can RD/WR this kind of ecuīs without opening...
RD/WR in minutes done...
almost no chance for bricking...

but if you use clones, it complicated the job and takes time and riskful...

but now Iīm not uderstanding why you use your clone tools, but you have also ori tools...?

Lambda1
27th November, 2019, 09:47 AM
Maybe outdated so no service mode... but cant believe + why he dont use alientech support first xD

quato79
27th November, 2019, 10:15 AM
figani ,yes you are right , my meaning was that I use some original tools with modules for some cars, and use clone tools for other cars, I just use them for different needs,original tools in full version are best I know , but for this case I made the mistake that I will probavly not risk again but s**t happen,this is my seconda car for 7 year. If ktag was not clone surely I the contacting support will be the first thing, but in the future when buy original...

Now probably I will struggle with new replacement Ecu,ISN matching and etc,and look for a paid job from someone.

figani
27th November, 2019, 10:51 AM
figani ,yes you are right , my meaning was that I use some original tools with modules for some cars, and use clone tools for other cars, I just use them for different needs,original tools in full version are best I know , but for this case I made the mistake that I will probavly not risk again but s**t happen,this is my seconda car for 7 year. If ktag was not clone surely I the contacting support will be the first thing, but in the future when buy original...

Now probably I will struggle with new replacement Ecu,ISN matching and etc,and look for a paid job from someone.

I used also ksuite cracked with clones, and not always was the SW/HW problem...
after opening such an ecu, always the possibility of damaging exist...

you should always connect it back on car, if you have the possibility...
but as you wrote shi... happens...

NASTASE
27th November, 2019, 11:25 AM
EGPT connection is 100% safe, no need to open ECU.

quato79
28th November, 2019, 09:21 PM
Yes,I will try that GPT, but the reason I didnt try Ktag changed my mind that E series dont need GPT, and use protocol 221, I read seeveral EDC17CP45 via GPT didnt have problems, now will try with GPT,protocol 667 I think, but I am not sure if reading Eeprom and Flash of the ecu and writing it to another replacement will solve the problem? I know there is needed to copy the ISN code with special tool like Autohex or another?

Regards

smotorsport
29th November, 2019, 06:15 PM
I think you cant write it because the irom is one time write protected... Have you tested this gpt, because in my clone ktag all gpt connections include boot pin soldering 221 and 667...

quato79
6th December, 2019, 03:19 PM
Hi , yes I tested with both protocols,cannot read the ecu,neither with gpt or soldering gpt on board,I have another edc17cp45 from F10 read write without problems,but its DDE 7 , now I sent the ecu to a friend that has MagPro, he reads he ecu, I bought replacement used one, but Magpro also cannot write OTP area, they have solution, but we are waiting to return the file back,dont know if they succeed, read on other forums that the cloning with Ktag is without problem but I wait for now...
If someone here has a solution to start this car I will be glad to see his help,of course dont want it for free...

Regards