PDA

View Full Version : Need check on file (egr off)

towy12
26th November, 2019, 07:42 PM
Hi.

I have tried to turn egr off in winols and need someone to check if i have managed to or if my engine will blow up and or go into limbmode.

Do i need DTC off for egr or is zeroing it out enough?

Both orig and egr of attached.
I havent done any checksum when importing file into winols as i was told that the ktag would fix that before flashing. Is this correct or do i need to do it again and let winols calculate checksum?

Trying to locate dpf, anyone have any hints on finding it? Thanks again

edit: found something in damos. Is dpf turned of or will my engine explode/limbmode?

115jtd
26th November, 2019, 09:03 PM
Egr its ok ,plug connected

ivanmihov
26th November, 2019, 09:06 PM
your egr solution is good if egr is electrically OK,there should be no faults with this solution,let ktag do the checksum in writing

towy12
26th November, 2019, 09:27 PM
your egr solution is good if egr is electrically OK,there should be no faults with this solution,let ktag do the checksum in writing

Egr its ok ,plug connected

Thanks.
Egr is working fine, will be blanked off but still be fitted and connected in car.

towy12
28th November, 2019, 07:06 AM
I tested my egr off last night without any obvious problems. But it did feel a bit laggy of sorts.
Anyway fast-forward to this morning.
When going to work the engine lost alot of power fast over the course of maby 5km. Down to the point of it barely having power enough to get the car rolling without it being down hill.
When the car was rolling it was chopping and jumping and feelt like it was choking.
Also revving was a no go. Standing still with clutch down and maby i could get 1500rpm.

Now my question. Did i do wrong in not blanking the egr off immediately and it somehow maby opened up today?
Wrote back the stock file so i could get to work and no issues.
Limb mode feels like a powerhouse next to what ever happened today.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

towy12
28th November, 2019, 02:23 PM

Im hoping you can help again.
Any idea on what the fault is with what i mention in earlier post?
Thanks a bunch

ivanmihov
28th November, 2019, 03:02 PM
try this one,egr plug must stay connected,make sure your egr is not stuck opened.Checksum is OK,if you still have problems your problem will not be egr related

towy12
28th November, 2019, 03:16 PM
try this one,egr plug must stay connected,make sure your egr is not stuck opened.Checksum is OK,if you still have problems your problem will not be egr related

Big thanks. Will give it a try as soon as i get home from work and will blank the egr just to make sure its not opened in any way.

towy12
28th November, 2019, 05:07 PM

Wrote your file and blanked the egr by the inlet and no issues so far. Took a 5 min drive at varius speeds with a short stop by the store.
Not sure if its the ecu reset, placebo or if it actually pulls a tad more in the 1500 to 2500rpm range.
Anyway will go for another run when engine have hade time to cool down but so far your file seem to work better.
Big thanks :) will have a look and see if i can learn something