PDA

View Full Version : Honda ECU Units Types and Models

malbit
27th November, 2019, 02:24 AM
Hi guys.

I am knew to ChipTuning and would like to have my questions answered cus them making my head-ache :/

Honda was and still is fitting ECU Units made by Bosch. We have different types of them on market. According to Honda Service Catalogue my 57 plate 2.2 I-CTDI (N22A2) CR-V should be equipped with 37805-R06-E25 type. Later on it was replaced to R06-E26 / E27 / E28. But it is still R06 which comply to 2007 year CR-V model (RE6).

I have seen many bins that originally are from not CR-V but from other Honda cars models but the are signed as a Original CR-V ecu bin. HOW COME??

I know that engines are almost the same but them not and there is slight difference in maps position at bin file. Between R06 and RSS is offset -40h.
Mk-2 got 2.2 I-CTDI N22A1
Mk-3 got 2.2 I-CTDI N22A2
Mk-3 2.2 I-DTEC N22B1 (150 psi / 350 Nm torque)
Mk-3 facelift got 2.2 I-DTEC N22B2 (177 psi / 380 Nm torque)

My question on that is, Does different models has got no much difference between that them can be swapable and as long as we keep info about ECU bin checksum we can use whatever Software Version we want??
I did figure it out the first 4 digits are software number are static 1307. Then 6 digits with Software Version and them vary from each other :) and just after is letter “P” along with software Major_Minor build (NNN_NN) which should be maintain to upgrading at least Minor with every update.

Other doubt I have is with maps.
Is it enough to change only 1 map in set of same ones at ecu bin file?? Or all the same maps should be changed and equal?

what are your opinions on it?