PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo Giulia radio pin

epsonix
2nd December, 2019, 01:11 PM
Hi,
I bought 2nd hand radio from Stelvio with different config, I would like to see if I can run it in my car. It works for settings, but of course there is pin required to allow it to offer radio funcitons. ANy chance to get it from somebody here?

I connected MES and reported S/N is TC1411947004470
Thanks

epsonix
3rd December, 2019, 09:15 PM
I opened the radio to pieces, looked around for serial EEPROMs, found one 8pin 16Mbit MX25L1633 SPI EEPROM. Would you say it will be this one? I have no any SPI programmer, need to buy something or mock up when I get bit of time. Any hints? Should I expect any CRCs or encryptions?
It is Magneti Mareli product, and as far as I googled none of online calculators do MM radios.

Rdecode
4th December, 2019, 03:23 AM
Usually Magneti Mareli puts code in flash, even more 2 flashes (top and bottom of the pcb)

epsonix
16th December, 2019, 12:22 PM
Usually Magneti Mareli puts code in flash, even more 2 flashes (top and bottom of the pcb)
thanks. so it is rather not an easy job... encrypted, any CRCs there, or just RAW easy to find ASCII within content?

Rdecode
16th December, 2019, 08:21 PM
thanks. so it is rather not an easy job... encrypted, any CRCs there, or just RAW easy to find ASCII within content?
Not encrypted, easy to find

epsonix
16th December, 2019, 08:57 PM
Not encrypted, easy to find
OK, thats good.
Could you please have a look at attached pictures I made after disassembling the radio:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SdeevTAetVD9TDy69
On main board I see e.g. BGA package Sandisk Gbit like NAND memory. There is also tiny 8 pin Macronix MX25L1633 16Mbit Flash. Then on the nVidia smaller board back I see Micron's multi Gbit size Flash. Which ones woudl you nominate for likely to keep VIN, and which unlikely? Do I need to take out memories to read (do not have proper programmer/adapters for SMT chips, and especailly BGA Sandisk makes the mission super problematic), unless I can read/write these with some standard programmer directly plugging into some points on the radio? Any suggestions? I have only 3 programmers (microcontrolers and FPGA, no needs as far in my job) they won't be any use for flash memories.