PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview and Network ID

wooper
22nd September, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hello.

I recently bought a Kryptview box and am having a few problems.

I live in St Helens in Merseyside.

I have not yet flashed it with firmware, which may solve the problems, but thought I would ask anyway.

Firstly, when I have to choose the area to scan it shows a list including Liverpool and 3 or so for Knowsley. I had read that I need rainford for St Helens, but this is not on the list.

Number 17 on the list (a Knowsley one) gets all the chanells but they are all pixely and breakup, with the bad or no signal message.

Would the new firmware "update" the area list or am I missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 11:48 AM
This is the net id for rainford.

Rainford - St Helens TW, 40966 571000 6952

It's the same as Liverpool north

LIVERPOOL 1 - NORTH TW, 40966 571000 6952
LIVERPOOL 2 (Knowsley) - NORTH TW, 40965 571000 6952
Liverpool South 41016 411000 6952

If you're using 40965 then changing it to 40966 should be better.. I'd delete all the channels before you do a factory reset then select TW and hit the green and select 40966.

Regards.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much for your reply.

Thats my little job for tonight. After cooking the kids tea and the wifes. And cleaning up!!

Ta.

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:06 PM
If I'd known you were domesticated I'd have invited you round to mine LOL.

A few mates in Lpool have found the Kryptview 12092008 StdEPG file better for them.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:16 PM
Eck!!

Where would I find that one please? I can find the september one and the jan one (alos april I think!!)

Or should I just look on google!!

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:18 PM
Does not come up on google!!!

As for domesticated, well, I like cooking. Gives me the chance for a few tins of beer while the wife has a bath so I can listen to talksport!!!

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:21 PM
the september upgrade has 2 bins in it.

Kryptview_12092008_PvrEPG
Kryptview_12092008_StdEPG

The pvr one is the normal one for UK and the other I think is for Ireland... But saying that a few of my mates find the pvr one better.

Both work and it's no big deal I think it's more to do with the epg than the picture.

Regards.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:25 PM
Cheers mate.

Had 2 pints at lunch, hence my failure to read 12092008 as 12th september!! doh!!!

Not too fussed with the epg, it's the pic breaking up I need to fix. Does the firmware help this??? or have I got a doorstep??

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:32 PM
the september firmware has cured a lot of problems... To be honest I've had dozens of these boxes and never had a bad one.. They are fussy as they like a nice strong signal with no spikes... bad splitters and bad connections are the main cause of bad picture quality.

This firmware also allows you to slightly adjust the tuner and it does improve the quality strength but it slows down channel changing drastically.

Regards.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:35 PM
Well, thanks for the info. Am trying it out in the lads room upstairs which has a seperate cable input (had virgin multiroom),

still have virgin downstairs, wanted to see if it worked really, though think I will also give the box a bash in the main room to see if the signal is any better.

Cheers

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:40 PM
Well at least you have a way of definitely finding your area code... Your virgin box downstairs will have the info in the engineers menu. Depending on the model of box you have depends on how you access the engineers menu. So if everything else fails we can access that and find your area code though I think you're definitely TW 40966.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:43 PM
oh right, is there a quick way into it or is it really dependant on the box??

think we have had the new box about a year.

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:52 PM
depends on the box the older pace ones you pressed the up and down button at the same time and booted the box. Think its the same for the earlier samsung models. Anyway wouldn't worry about that you've enough to go on at the moment.. Remember delete the channels and then do a factory reset before you enter the new area code. If you don't you're likey to get picture break up.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 02:55 PM
Fair point.

Does factory reset delete the chanells or do I have to delte them then factory reset?

Thanks again for all your help with this.

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 02:58 PM
I've been led to believe that if you don't delete the channels before a factory reset it can cause problems.. better safe than sorry. It's a second of a job to delete them and then do the factory reset.

Regards.

wooper
23rd September, 2008, 03:03 PM
Cool.

Will give it a bash tonight, and thanks for all your help.

Been a year or two of eye opening really; got a a dish to pick up ART then last year Digitalb for 3 pm footy, though thats died a bit this season, now these kryptviews; all good stuff.