PDA

View Full Version : black box 500s tuner any good?

slayer7
22nd September, 2008, 03:22 PM
i currently have a envision box and it seems to have a faulty tuner the problem i have is the motor stops moving and the signal drops agc signal drops to 0%.

i have read else where on this forum that the black box is identical to the normal 500s clone any one know if this is true and all they have done is just paint it black lol

are the tuners better ? according to BuyingThings.co.uk - The Online Store (http://www.buyingthings.co.uk/shop/?a_aid=52d01a63&a_bid=86e07af0) the blackbox tuner is superior to the 500s clone model, anyone have experience of buying these and do they work well tuner wise?

thanks

kal
22nd September, 2008, 04:16 PM
They're the same thing mate, only the casing is different. And all the new boards inside each box whether its the 500C or BlackBox is the same, only the older ones had different tuners. So neither of these will let you down.

kasidoli
22nd September, 2008, 06:25 PM
They're the same thing mate, only the casing is different. And all the new boards inside each box whether its the 500C or BlackBox is the same, only the older ones had different tuners. So neither of these will let you down.

I'm new on this forum and need some guide

mm009b
22nd September, 2008, 08:10 PM
hi Slayer 7 mate i have black box too and it's a better tuner my motor also stops when i goto any horizontal tp i now have to goto v tp and it moves fine i got this problem once i pluged in a fta box i have tried resetting polar mount but standing on a wingow sill and the t&k brackets i need a ladder to do it correct try v tps first mate good luck cheers

Curious123
22nd September, 2008, 10:36 PM
I'm new on this forum and need some guide

Loads of guides in the forum especially on the cable section. Why don't you have read and than ask question about the stuff you do not understand.

slayer7
23rd September, 2008, 12:49 AM
thanks for the replies

kal surely i should go for the cheaper 500s option which is currently 50 pounds instead of paying 65 pounds for the black box if it is identical

i know inside the envision box it is an alps tuner would u know if they are the same in the db or blackbox clones?

cheers
mike

slayer7
23rd September, 2008, 12:58 AM
thanks for the replies

kal surely i should go for the cheaper 500s option which is currently 50 pounds instead of paying 65 pounds for the black box if it is identical is there also no ram improvements like the official 500+ version?

i know inside the envision box it is an alps tuner would u know if they are the same in the db or blackbox clones?

dejavu bloody hell i posted twice

thfccambs
22nd October, 2008, 09:27 PM
Slayer did you buy a Black box? What do you think of it mate?

NineLives
23rd October, 2008, 11:21 PM
The BlackBox now has a BLUE LED instead of green ;)