PDA

View Full Version : Enable stratified injection (FSI) with bad NOX sensor

justpassingby
7th December, 2019, 09:24 PM
Evening gentlemen,

I own Octavia 2.0 FSI with MED9.5.10 which can do true stratified injection (some FSIs are fake and burn only homogenous mixture, ha ha god joke VW & Skoda :D )

However my NOX sensor has aged and it is reporting P1033 - 002 - Signal too Low (no MIL so far).

I can temporarily enable FSI by clearing DTC but after a while ECU is not satisfied with sensor output and fall back to homogenous :( The fuel save in the stratified mode is really impressive :)

My question is. These "NOX off solutions", do they only mask DTCs so they do not trigger MIL? Is there NOX off to bluff ECU in order to turn on FSI with bad sensor?

I saw https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/670076-NOX-off-please-Mk5-Golf-1-6-FSI-Med9-5-10?p=3312696&viewfull=1, but the guy never got an answer.

Thank you all for your insights :)

Meat-Head
7th December, 2019, 09:30 PM
Dont be tight and buy new sensor

justpassingby
7th December, 2019, 09:53 PM
Buying a new sensor for 550$ won't do any good as old one resisted penetrating fluids, breaker bar and hammers of different sizes :D

I do not even mention, that these sensors are known to last 100 000 kilometers and then...another one.
mehh :(

Meat-Head
8th December, 2019, 12:08 AM
Buy off eBay lamda sensor ring, drill, weld leave old in situ

and/or replace that part of exhaust