PDA

View Full Version : F20 35160

florinyes
12th December, 2019, 11:14 PM
Hi

I have had a go at a f20 myself and got myself in trouble. Still not out of it fully but work in progress to sort it out.

So I have killed FEM with a dodgy FEM adapter from Xhorse. (i should have desoldered eprom rather than try read in circuit really )

Sourced a FEM (same part number but from a 4 series) virgined it with Abrites adapted it back on the car but not started car yet as chinese keys I have not working with Protag.

Since I have the FEM unlocked I said I'll do the dash so I reset mileage on FEM and cloned 35160WT to an Xhose 35160 chip and all god but the mileage jumps back.:)

Anyone has a clue why is this happening?

Again FEM is not fully coded back to car As I need to work that out, and car not starting (awaiting for a genuine key to program in)

Tool in hand, AVDI+Protag , VVDI2 +VVDIprog

Feel free to help peeps :))

Repinator
26th September, 2020, 08:39 AM
Hi
What tool did you reset mileage on FEM?

brend
26th September, 2020, 10:13 AM
Bcm/Fem km reset (and for another fem manipulation ) ........only eep prepare+reflash obd2 away.

Are you reset km in fem right away?

Hi

I have had a go at a f20 myself and got myself in trouble. Still not out of it fully but work in progress to sort it out.

So I have killed FEM with a dodgy FEM adapter from Xhorse. (i should have desoldered eprom rather than try read in circuit really )

Sourced a FEM (same part number but from a 4 series) virgined it with Abrites adapted it back on the car but not started car yet as chinese keys I have not working with Protag.

Since I have the FEM unlocked I said I'll do the dash so I reset mileage on FEM and cloned 35160WT to an Xhose 35160 chip and all god but the mileage jumps back.:)

Anyone has a clue why is this happening?

Again FEM is not fully coded back to car As I need to work that out, and car not starting (awaiting for a genuine key to program in)

Tool in hand, AVDI+Protag , VVDI2 +VVDIprog

Feel free to help peeps :))

florinyes
26th September, 2020, 03:03 PM
Hi
What tool did you reset mileage on FEM?

I used AVDI

florinyes
26th September, 2020, 03:05 PM
Bcm/Fem km reset (and for another fem manipulation ) ........only eep prepare+reflash obd2 away.

Are you reset km in fem right away?

Imposible, even if you try you'll get a request message to unlock. Anyway that was back in December..