PDA

View Full Version : Iphone - jailbreaking assistance needed please

kebabiotis
3rd January, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hello all,

My Dad is a taxi driver in Athens and a guy he dropped off at the airport left his phone in the back by mistake. By the time he realised the guy was already long gone. I guess this is irrelevant so my problem is this. My dad gave me the iphone as he already has one. I took the guys sim card out. I'm looking to unlock it Could it be possible that the phone is blocked irreversibly? If not, I was looking to unblock it. I have downloaded Ziphone but it tells me the iphone is not connected (even though itunes recognizes it). I have not yet passed the bit where it's telling me to connect it to itunes and says "Insert correct sim".

Really appreciate any help given. Thank you!

K.

kebabiotis
4th January, 2010, 09:51 PM
I notice no replies but 70 views. If it's because you want me to look at other peoples posts and try finding reviews etc, I have. I completed the review posted about redsnow on modmyi.com, but my iphone just gets the little loading circle at the end of the installation of jailbraking it. I have tried a couple of firmwares but they're not recognised. Only the latest one is. I don't know which firmware the phone has and can't restore the ipod as it says incorrect sim on there. I really don't know what to do. Any help would be massivly appreciated. Thanks.

kebabiotis
6th January, 2010, 11:36 PM
100 views and not one bit of advice. What a great community I've stumbled upon. I won't miss it, I promise. Much love.

dell_xps
6th January, 2010, 11:59 PM
The honest thing would be to hand it back, get in touch with Apple and they should be able to trace the owner.
Or hand it to the local cop shop.
And the reason why no one has answered is simply because no one knows the answer including me.