PDA

View Full Version : internt dreambox

dan20leeds
3rd January, 2010, 11:45 PM
ok finally got my image on, is there anyway i can check tos eeif it is on?? also i want to watch channels on there, do i have to set up an internet connection or something?

Adam_UK
3rd January, 2010, 11:54 PM
The DB must have internet connection, either wired by en Ethernet cable to the ADSL router or use mouse WiFi (avaialble from Linux sat) if no LAN connection is possible.

You can check the DB have ip address , on a Nabilost image yellow button - blue button and run ipconfig script. On other images just browse the menu you will find something about checking the ip address so just ping the DB box from your PC and it should reply.

Curious123
4th January, 2010, 01:27 AM
ok finally got my image on, is there anyway i can check tos eeif it is on?? also i want to watch channels on there, do i have to set up an internet connection or something?

You will need an internet connection if you are thinking C/S. Why not check out the guide below as it covers most of the basic setup.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/newbies-guide-setting-up-satellite-dreambox-34973/

dan20leeds
4th January, 2010, 10:48 PM
ok so i have the image on it, pli jade. any ideas how i can connect it to the net, dreambox 600 downstairs, upstraits internet

Bulld0g
4th January, 2010, 11:19 PM
ok so i have the image on it, pli jade. any ideas how i can connect it to the net, dreambox 600 downstairs, upstraits internet

Ethernet lead from router to Dreambox.

dan20leeds
4th January, 2010, 11:25 PM
any ideas whetre frm? is tht the only option?

psats
4th January, 2010, 11:28 PM
any ideas whetre frm? is tht the only option?

network plug. do a google there are lots to choise from

Adam_UK
5th January, 2010, 01:02 AM
I had the same porblem, Home plugs solved it. Just search Home Plugs on ebay you will find many of them. You must buy at least a pair, one cabled to the router and one cabled to the DB. Both the router & DB must on same electrical ring.