PDA

View Full Version : box won't connect to ifa,

chuckles53
22nd September, 2008, 09:18 PM
Downloaded new au fixed pacino trilogy 1x image to my dbox from bigmac toolbar the problem i have now is the box will not connect to the ifa to download the files i need to get the box going again.I no my ifa works the problem i have is the box seems as if it does not have a ip address now.Tried the old ip address but failed and i can't find the ip on the box,can anyone advise,phil.

Jaffa
22nd September, 2008, 09:30 PM
You dont need an ip for IFA as it sets a temporary one for you. I know you said IFA previously worked for you but it can be temperamental with different images. Try a different version of IFA to see if it will work.

chuckles53
22nd September, 2008, 10:01 PM
sorry i ment flash fxp.

plasterer
22nd September, 2008, 10:11 PM
D Box
settings
Network
There the ip should be Mate ....192.168.---.---
You can change it to wotever you want mate .......Paul

dad93
10th October, 2008, 08:49 PM
and of course don't forget to disable your firewall on the network connection prior to flashing or it will just not flash on box power up
:banghead:

rehmankhaliq
20th October, 2008, 08:29 PM
hi Guys

new to this forum, having a bit of an issue with the dbox.

purchased recently and all was working, then lost all channels and tried rescan - which was only finding so many channels - think it may be the tuner on the way out? but before I send it back I offered to flash it.

Now i'm having issues doing that too! lol Granted I don't have the use of the null modem cable, however I've done the below so far:

disabled the wireless nic on the laptop
configured the ethernet nic to static ip of 192.168.0.9
disabled windows firewall
updated the registry to disable media sensing (though I didn't do this manually just double clicked the one I found on the software cd which I got with the box)

I have run the IFA a number of times, now on the IFA console, I don't see all the #symbols that one of the user guides shows, and also it keeps coming up with "pinging failed" at the bottom right corner of the IFA window. Now I know from reading the manuals and the forums that it doesn't matter what the ip is set to on the box, but I'm just not seeing anything on the console, and no activity at all. That said the first few times I did get the graphical screen on the tv display saying that the IFA was flashing the image, however everytime it finished, it hadn't actually flashed the box.

Finally I do believe that the box is in debug mode, as it shows the initial boot up screen on the lcd panel including the BMON v.?

I hope that that is all the information you would need to help, I certainly tried to make sure I've covered everything - oh and I've tried more than one patch cable too!

thanks all in advance, I know there are some knowldgeable peeps on this forum! :-) :D :pcguru:

aftermath
20th October, 2008, 08:35 PM
if all else fails m8, you could go back to basics, and borrow a friends PC that has a Com port, buy a null modem cable ( about ?3 ), and flash your dbox using the Hyperterminal method, http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/flashing-dbox2-using-null-modem-cable-hyper-terminal-1531/

rehmankhaliq
20th October, 2008, 08:45 PM
HI aFTERMATH

(switches caps lock off!)

Is this a guranteed fix? lol excuse the pun mate!

Just a quick other minor detail.. I do get the pop up message about the processor having hyperthreading, and tried to look for the option in the bios to disable this, but had no joy there..is this a must? does it affect the ability of IFA to flash the box?

Just tried the earlier (1.56) version of IFA as suggested by one of the other members..

this is what I get in the top window...

!***Adapter Desc: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: 00:19:D2:65:BD:9A Local IP: 192.168.1.123
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69

any ideas/thoughts? where's Devilish? lol

aftermath
20th October, 2008, 08:48 PM
all i can say is, its worked everytime i tried it, its been ages now since the last time, but it does work, its slower but easy to follow.

fysh3
20th October, 2008, 10:40 PM
HI aFTERMATH

(switches caps lock off!)

Is this a guranteed fix? lol excuse the pun mate!

Just a quick other minor detail.. I do get the pop up message about the processor having hyperthreading, and tried to look for the option in the bios to disable this, but had no joy there..is this a must? does it affect the ability of IFA to flash the box?

Just tried the earlier (1.56) version of IFA as suggested by one of the other members..

this is what I get in the top window...

!***Adapter Desc: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: 00:19:D2:65:BD:9A Local IP: 192.168.1.123
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69

any ideas/thoughts? where's Devilish? lol

I'm having the same problem ~ any idea's yet?

rehmankhaliq
23rd October, 2008, 05:56 PM
Quick update:

I changed the laptop to an older one (I was able to disable the HT on this through the BIOS), using the same version of IFA and the same image, I was able to flash the box no problem.

Once the box was flashed, I set the location, rebooted, and ran a scan. It went through approx 300 odd transponders, and came back with a mere 10 channels!

Checked the SNR using instructions found on another thread (finding this forum very useful, so thanks to all the memebers!), and it seemed fine - though it was just under the recommended 55?

anyway, image flashed, scan failed, then tested the tuner using yet another great peice of advice from one of the forum members (sorry I can't seem to find the link right now) and it turns out the tuner is dodgy..

the test was to plug the cable feed into the dbox, then run an av cable from the box to the telly.. if the picture becomes 'snowy' then the tuner is goosed..

so that one has been sent back for a replacement.

thanks again all.