PDA

View Full Version : Bricked EDC16C35 BMW 3DOD HELP PLEASE

peechie
25th December, 2019, 02:45 AM
Hi Everyone, I did a total read with Kess V2 on a BMW EDC16C35 320d 163bhp. Wrote tuned file and had "error while writing" car doesnt start. I take ECU out and try to write original read with KTAG, still no start. I download orginal file online from BDM read, Still no start but no longer have "wake up error". Checksum is different on downloaded bdm file than orginal OBD read from the car. Will this be the problem?

I just want the car to start again. Please someone help <3

Here are the files of Orginal (OBD READ) Orignal (BDM ONLINE READ) and Tuned File.

HW:0281012501
SW:1037374482
Upg. SW 07799684

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas

Minion01
25th December, 2019, 03:31 AM
Are you using Genuine or Clone tools?

peechie
25th December, 2019, 03:33 AM
Are you using Genuine or Clone tools?
Clone Tools, never had a problem... till now

Babos
25th December, 2019, 05:20 AM
Here we can see when great master, who use wrong dumps and dont know what he to do.
Search who can update ecu and recode ecu.

Ok when you connected ktag do you read out full backup before you write there any dumps?

peechie
25th December, 2019, 10:42 AM
Here we can see when great master, who use wrong dumps and dont know what he to do.
Search who can update ecu and recode ecu.

Ok when you connected ktag do you read out full backup before you write there any dumps?

I did Full BDM read after writing failed. Ktag said checksum error.

jurebv
25th December, 2019, 10:51 AM

sometimes its better that car doesnt start

peechie
25th December, 2019, 10:54 AM
I don’t know what that means, I just want to know if the files are good or bad

Babos
25th December, 2019, 11:05 AM

sometimes its better that car doesnt start

Yes i see to and same thinks about that. wake up ecu is not lot money but replace engine is other money.

peechie
25th December, 2019, 11:17 AM
Yes i see to and same thinks about that. wake up ecu is not lot money but replace engine is other money.

Yes I understand now, thanks for looking friend

Johnsy1998
25th December, 2019, 11:31 AM
These files are not correct, there atleast half the size of the EDC16C35 ori file.

peechie
25th December, 2019, 11:37 AM
Can someone send me correct file to write?

b44ly
25th December, 2019, 12:19 PM
BDM READ FLASH

peechie
25th December, 2019, 12:34 PM
Thanks mate will this work?

206tc
25th December, 2019, 12:58 PM
It´s BMW, you need sync ecu and ews/cas when write BDM from other ecu...

peechie
25th December, 2019, 01:47 PM
I have original ECU. I write bdm file but still not start. How do i sync ews/cas when writing? Do I write flash and then write eeprom? Or eeprom and then flash?

Pely86
25th December, 2019, 02:01 PM
have you trued to write the original file via obd in recovery mode on kess?
P.S. don't read full flash...only partial with kess clone on BMW...for remap you only need partial

peechie
25th December, 2019, 02:03 PM
I try to write original with recovery and has writing fails and then has wake up error

Pely86
25th December, 2019, 02:32 PM
try to write the flash from bdm backup from few post behind...keep the car's original eep and write only flash in BDM ...you cant kill it more then it is

peechie
25th December, 2019, 02:47 PM
I will try thanks, the bdm read a few post back has different checksum to my orginal obd read? Does that matter? Can someone correct it?

Pely86
25th December, 2019, 03:02 PM
no it dosen't ....as long as the checksum is calculated ok...anyway..k-tag will recalculate when writing

jurebv
25th December, 2019, 03:14 PM
dont write full backup, keep your original eeprom, just write flash from backup

peechie
25th December, 2019, 03:18 PM
I already try that and still no start :(

jurebv
25th December, 2019, 03:19 PM
from backup someone posted few posts back, obviously not your backup you made AFTER ecu got bricked

peechie
25th December, 2019, 03:25 PM
So new ecu then? Then swap eeprom over?

Lambda1
25th December, 2019, 03:30 PM
if you f*** up ecu no need to copy anything because its bricked.
If you have done backup before bricking, than use your backup from there... (mpc, eeprom,flash). If you dont made before a good backup no need to swap anything.

Babos
25th December, 2019, 03:43 PM
He to do big fault! 1. Not good mod file.
2.Ktag is not good tool for BDM and it is TRUE!!!
They read in bdm but ktag not give save back up! and give him ck problem and dump who you cant open and just in support! I try one time with original ktag sent in support but they send me bad dumps for fix!!
3. Them they found in web same sw numbers and think AHA it is what i need and write and now we see what happen!
If you dont know what to do: buy full set ecu cas immo ...... for that car and replace all and they start but i think you must to do codings in lot ecus.

I belive in cristmas and i wish you found correct BDM dump for your OBD read and that solved all!! Goog luck.

jurebv
25th December, 2019, 04:30 PM
Obviously you have no clue what are you doing (no offense)...you cant even follow advices we give you... where in my post did i mention new ecu? And eeprom swap? First you have to learn to read...easiest way is to take ecu to someone with right knowledge and tools to restore it

206tc
25th December, 2019, 05:23 PM
Hi Everyone, I did a total read with Kess V2 on a BMW EDC16C35 320d 163bhp. Wrote tuned file and had "error while writing" car doesnt start. I take ECU out and try to write original read with KTAG, still no start. I download orginal file online from BDM read, Still no start but no longer have "wake up error". Checksum is different on downloaded bdm file than orginal OBD read from the car. Will this be the problem?

I just want the car to start again. Please someone help <3

Here are the files of Orginal (OBD READ) Orignal (BDM ONLINE READ) and Tuned File.

HW:0281012501
SW:1037374482
Upg. SW 07799684

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas

Let's start again ...
We need your OBD reading and your BDM reading, not a BDM reading downloaded from the internet ...
You cannot use an OBD reading to program in BDM because the OBD reading is partial, not complete, and a BDM reading is complete.
If we have both readings, we can try to recompose your BDM to a correct state.

peechie
25th December, 2019, 06:40 PM
Let's start again ...
We need your OBD reading and your BDM reading, not a BDM reading downloaded from the internet ...
You cannot use an OBD reading to program in BDM because the OBD reading is partial, not complete, and a BDM reading is complete.
If we have both readings, we can try to recompose your BDM to a correct state.

Hi, thank you and sorry for my lack of understanding everyone. My first post has all 3 files. OBD READ, MOD FILE AND DOWNLOADED BDM FILE

peechie
25th December, 2019, 06:52 PM
Sorry I now understand what you mean. Yes I will uploaded bdm reading after writing failed?

doctore
25th December, 2019, 07:27 PM
:roflmao:that bmw is a pain in the a:roflmao: s,
post the bdm from the original ecu intact not demage if you have,
and cas or ews eprom:eek:
to start your car;)

peechie
26th December, 2019, 05:10 PM
I write orginal BDM file from a few post back. Get 4A63 Tanpering fault code, tuned DTC off in map and now I will try and start car. Fuel pump working fine now with that code deleted

lucky992
27th December, 2019, 08:08 AM
Look you need to wait that someone compose you your Maps so you can write that to the car!

When you first read in Kess you didnt read the whole file (basicly in most cases, but not all, you get differrent files when you "read" with KESS or with KTAG in bdm), since there are a lot of genius and nice people here on the forum you need to wait so they compose you a new file for you to write back to your ecu with KTAG but you are ONLY gonna write back Maps, since eeprom is OK and has all the data it needs and you didnt write over it! If you need anything else just post here and youll get your answer :)

Have a great day

antimon95
27th December, 2019, 10:15 PM
I write orginal BDM file from a few post back. Get 4A63 Tanpering fault code, tuned DTC off in map and now I will try and start car. Fuel pump working fine now with that code deleted

Try pull up 225ohm resistor on setup with kess while obd.
This guy had same problem, but i think he solved it in few other video with pulling 225ohm resistor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqB2daiAqpE

edit: Not related for this post, but maybe this video can help you

tothzsolt
28th December, 2019, 08:47 AM
peechie (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/687296-peechie)

hi problem ist chk for tuned file,no good chk and car not start.repaired chk to tuned file and car start ok...moment for help

proel
28th December, 2019, 03:08 PM
you have lost synchronisation ecu-ews/cas because you switch power on with bricked ecu.

arturs022
31st May, 2020, 08:20 PM
hi.you have BDM recovery file for this sw. I need it because I have water damage but I get ecu from automatic but i neet it make for SW:1037374482.