PDA

View Full Version : Try to understand what they done to ECU

hanswerner11
28th December, 2019, 11:14 AM
Hi everybody,

I bought a Volvo V50 2.0d (SID803A ECU). Seams that prev. owner made some changes to ecu.
EGR is blanked and no dpf on car. I got no check engines lights on dash, for almost nothing. Last week a water hose got a crack, there was no light in dash that water was realy empty! Thats an annoying "tuning".

I only got a Galetto 1260 clone (used it for my smart cdi) and a Vida Dice clone. I read hours over hours. I did not get a final vote if kess v2 (clone, red) works read/write via obd. I know a bdm100 would do the job, but I gave no skills in soldering, thats not a option.
I woulkd like to get a read and show your guys. As far as I know from my searchings, they maybe did this VOLTA thing!? My car still regenerates every few 200km and oel ist filling up with diesel.
Then decide to flash stock oem files and refit dpf and egr or better got a correct tuning.

Thanks in advance!

chrisimerk
28th December, 2019, 01:42 PM
if i was you i would not try read this ecu with Galetto 1260 its garbage get kess v2 v5017 EU clone its cheap and more stable then china clone read it then post it here maybe used ECUsafe that deletes whole dtc table will probably need manual solution other problem you might run into is the obd plug from some volvos dont have a kline connection in them so might have to buy a separate cable to do them from alientech or use the kline wire supplied with the kess to probe the obd plug you can read up online on how to do this

regards

hanswerner11
28th December, 2019, 07:30 PM
Thanks chrisimerk, will do so and report back soon

drewdom
28th December, 2019, 07:34 PM
I think this ecu it can't be read by bdm only so kess is not enough....maybe ktag.

chrisimerk
28th December, 2019, 07:52 PM
this ecu can be read by kess no problem if you have the volvo cable from alientech or use the kline wire suppled with the kess and probe the obd socket i done it numerous times

115jtd
28th December, 2019, 08:08 PM
I recommend ioterminal

drewdom
28th December, 2019, 11:25 PM
this ecu can be read by kess no problem if you have the volvo cable from alientech or use the kline wire suppled with the kess and probe the obd socket i done it numerous timesI'm stupid always take out the ecu...

chrisimerk
28th December, 2019, 11:35 PM
yes it be a good idea to get a full read by bdm but if he doesn't have the know how on how to go about doing that then the easiest option is to read by obd as it is safe to do so if you probe the socket with kline as volvo dont have kline connection in socket and on these you can do dpf and egr off with just partial read

oldford
29th December, 2019, 09:30 AM
Last week a water hose got a crack, there was no light in dash that water was realy empty! Thats an annoying "tuning".

Even if there is a light that warns you about low water levels, that's not a function performed by the engine ecu, so that has got nothing to do with the "tuning".
It is your responsibility to check the water gauge if the engine is in normal operating temperature range and not getting too hot.

hanswerner11
29th December, 2019, 09:57 AM
Even if there is a light that warns you about low water levels, that's not a function performed by the engine ecu, so that has got nothing to do with the "tuning".
It is your responsibility to check the water gauge if the engine is in normal operating temperature range and not getting too hot.

Thats wright of course, the gauge never got hot. But Reservoir tank was empty, guess in normal operations the car had show up a red light in dash. I think all error dash lights are just "disabled".

Johnsy1998
29th December, 2019, 09:33 PM
Best option would be too find the original file for the ECU for this vehicle and write back to the car, if you do try this report back and let us all know. :)

hanswerner11
31st December, 2019, 07:41 PM
My Kess realy did arive this afernoon! That was pretty fast!
I was not allowed to do car stuff this afternoon of course. :peaceful: I just got 30min...my wive is out of the house..:creep:..just flip this thing to the obd port and did a read out...was a little scary...some lights flashed outside and inside, some dash warings and 3min later it says succeed!
I did not take one single breath in these two minutes! :shot:

Hope the file is correct, if not just let me know guys. Wish you alle the best for tonight!

edit: btw...this obd got a kline I thing, I did nothing special, just used the obd cable which came with the adapter *luckyme*

chrisimerk
31st December, 2019, 07:56 PM
you got lucky some dont come with kline lol

chrisimerk
31st December, 2019, 08:00 PM
just looked at the file they have wipped the dtc table

chrisimerk
31st December, 2019, 08:37 PM
here you go mate flash this back on all cks ok after you have flashed it empty your water reservoir see if you get a warning light on dash

pass in pm

hanswerner11
1st January, 2020, 09:59 AM
Happy new year to everyone.
I got some more questions chrisimerk. Whats easier in your opinion? Start with a fresh new oem flash (if thats possible, cause I dont got a oem flash for this car) or should we use this flash and move forward? I realy like to know what the killed else. Guess DPF and EGR are off/deleted. But whats with the FAP? We does it regenerate after xxx km's? Is it possible to stop that? And is it possible to see what they done to powers? I have to glue how a oem 2.0d feals but it pulls strong, if its oem I could get more, if its already been powered up a little more then okay, no need to damage things :-)

jurebv
1st January, 2020, 10:10 AM
best way is to use your dpf egr off file (if it drives ok) and restore DTC table from a original file that was posted few posts back...then delete only DTC related to DPF/EGR and flash it

hanswerner11
2nd January, 2020, 01:30 PM
Just just flashed the file and kess says succeed. I emptyed the resvoir tank, but no dash light comes up, I guess there is just no one!? So for now I guess I have to trust the if theres a error a light comes up (hopefully not).
Thanks everybody for helping me out!

chrisimerk
2nd January, 2020, 01:34 PM
Yeah it might not have one try unplug a sensor see if any mil comes on as looking at your ori literally the whole table was wiped

hanswerner11
2nd January, 2020, 01:37 PM
Thats something I need to learn :-) I did use ecuflash for my evo, the got tables by names, thats realy easy. But winols are just hex stuff, thats more difficult for a beginner. Which programm do you use or recommend for?

chrisimerk
2nd January, 2020, 01:46 PM
I recommend winols as that is what I use and just learn yourself how to use it or if you can get damos they show you all dtc and maps

hanswerner11
11th January, 2021, 10:51 PM
geting up this old thread :-)
I got some serious cold start Problems below 5C, no at -3C its get realy worse. I need to try to start 3 - 4 times for 10 seconds. Then car gets um ratteling and putting out a white cloud smoke (unburned diesel). After 10 seconds car sounds / drives normal. And there wont be a Problem in starting it next 6 hours. After sitting a night, its back again on bad start up. I read in other threads that modifying IQ axis will cause problems with preheating. Can you have a look if these maps have been modyfied? I will put modi file and oem file (not from my car, but should be oem for this car). THANKS!

nikotina1
13th January, 2021, 03:59 PM
hello,i think this not preheating but injectors,:frown:
check injection ammount in cold start and first few minutes