PDA

View Full Version : 160DOWQ CHIP

sagie1zn
2nd January, 2020, 02:31 PM
hi guys, have a chev utillity van with 160dowq chip. removed chip and tried erasing first 4 lines and it keeps failing. after a few attempts of erasing, first 4 lines reads most 00 and few ff. When i try erase each ff, it remains ff. I did fit another chip and everything works but i dont trust these replacement chips. i would prefer to fit the original chip but it failing to erase. Last time i used this smelecom chip, everything worked but van refused to start after an hour of driving. fitted original chip after successfully erasing and all was good.

Qestion:
1. if i continue trying to erase to 00 and it reads FF on certain sectors, does it mean fit replacement chip.

also strange thing is after trying to erase first 4 lines, it reads 134635km instead of 999995 or 0 as it normally does after erasing.
comments guys. im using enigmatool

jomberykaso
2nd January, 2020, 02:38 PM

jomberykaso
2nd January, 2020, 02:43 PM

sagie1zn
2nd January, 2020, 02:56 PM
hi Jomberykaso, thanks as usual for helping. My problem is i cannot erase certain sector on the chip itself and therefore will not be able to write your file on the original chip. your file most probably will work, but how do i erase. i just used another chip and all works but like i said, i would prefer to erase the original chip and write your file. Or am i wasting my time

jomberykaso
2nd January, 2020, 02:57 PM
dont waste your time...use new eeprom

brend
2nd January, 2020, 03:13 PM
Try littely hot ori eep for rewrite and use for this hot air station.
Sametimes it's help!.......

sagie1zn
2nd January, 2020, 03:20 PM
tried that already, still erase with errors.

jomberykaso
2nd January, 2020, 03:22 PM
post #5..........

sagie1zn
2nd January, 2020, 03:31 PM
i had issues with this type eeprom before, but after erasing first 4 lines (normally) , km always changes 100%. First time i failed to erase this type eeprom. v6/vp if i fail to erase, i just replace eeprom, but this is first time problem with 160dowq. First time for everything i suppose

junmab
2nd January, 2020, 04:16 PM
Can someone recomend of a good supplier for these 160DOWQ chips ?

mio1706
2nd January, 2020, 04:54 PM
First and second lines when is new eeprom is 00 00 00 00... and another is FF FF FF
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
......etc
why you trying to delete FF?

brend
2nd January, 2020, 08:02 PM
lol
Gentelmen!
Answer location for all question in Post5!!!

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 07:13 AM
another problem and im not sure if its the mileage change or some wiring fault because van was in front accident damage. when i switch ignition on, all lights come on, but the speedo, rev and fuel gauge needle take 11 seconds before they activate. So basically the needles/pointers only work after 11 seconds from ign on, but everything works

edit: also noticed that when i switch ign on, it does a needle sweep after the 11 seconds similarly to when you plug the dash back after mileage correction. another thing that makes me think that this van came with this problem is the aircon compressor also kicks in at the exact same time as when the needles start to move. this happens after every ignition start. it also has an aftermarket immo that is still connected but bypassed

brend
3rd January, 2020, 07:39 AM
Fault code in cluster?
Have tahograf?

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 07:41 AM
no dtc, no tacho. car starts everytime so it cannot be immo

brend
3rd January, 2020, 07:43 AM
And if put ori 160DOWQ chip back,same trable?

no dtc, no tacho. car starts everytime so it cannot be immo

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 07:44 AM
tried erasing ori eeprom yesterday, so ori eeprom have problem. Maybe only option to identify problem is to plug another cluster to see if needle starts to sweep after 11 seconds or works immediately. Van wont start with another cluster but should help problem solving

brend
3rd January, 2020, 07:48 AM
This chip type like 160DOWQ have 2 data, eep dump and eep id code too ,because I ask .....679205
Maybe that's is problem,incorrect id,but Im not have experience with this car if put new eep without id code.

tried erasing ori eeprom yesterday, so ori eeprom have problem.

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 07:51 AM
i have another spare cluster with no chip which i used some time back. i will attach the original chip even though its corrupted and see what happens. will report back shorly

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 08:10 AM
i plugged spare cluster with original corrupted chip and all works as it supposed to with needle activating immediately. because its original chip, van also starts. So Mr Brend could be correct about eeprom id. So how to solve

brend
3rd January, 2020, 10:14 AM
Not simpel sulution for solve this trable.....679224
For this need read ori id from corrupted eep and write to new 160DOWQ .
For this you can use vvdi+eep for this tool ,emulator with ori eep or yanhua programmer with emul eep.

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 10:56 AM
Im not so sure original eeprom is corrupted, its just that certain sectors cannot be erased. After numerous attempts to erase, i failed, but eeprom data was changed from attempting to erase. i put original chip back into original cluster and mileage reads 4075km (original km was 259540). I drive few km and mileage is changing 100%. But needles still take few minutes to activate after ignition on. i try to change again and it still reads 4075km. Also airbag light goes off with ori cluster

Fit my chip into spare cluster and mileage good, needles activate immediately but airbag light on. Customer did say that someone made his airbag light go off but not sure what they did. i have many diag tools but none seem to read airbag module. (airbag module is in its place). So with my spare cluster needles activate immediately and with original, needles take 11 seconds. Did this cluster come with this fault or happened after mileage correction:crushed:

conclusion: fitted my cluster with my chip and all good, except airbag light which some moron put a piece of paper so oil light can deflect into airbag light column and switch off as if airbag is working. So possibility is that after installing ori chip, somehow processor got :stupid: and therefore takes 11 seconds to activate. Used cluster working good so maybe no id. thanks for assist guys

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 02:40 PM
can anyone confirm the immo pin from the original dump in the first post. Just need to see where is located in the file for future reference

jomberykaso
3rd January, 2020, 02:45 PM
Original mileage : 259544 kms
Vin : ADMCF80MJD4621063
Pin: 4153

sagie1zn
3rd January, 2020, 03:04 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jomberykaso again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to brend again.
why, i never gave youl rep for a while now:motz:

jomberykaso
3rd January, 2020, 03:17 PM
dont worry mate...i do this for fun only