PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Fabia 1.4L 16v AUA - Magnetti Marelli 4LV to 4MV + Deletes

faus7rav3n
3rd January, 2020, 10:49 AM
Greetings,

New to chiptuning here so bear with me, I'm still working on the correct terminology. Currently working on a project and can't find a solution save chiptuning so this is a probe email.

As the title indicates, I'm trying to finish a project on a Skoda Fabia 1.4L 16V AUA with a Magnetti Marelli 4LV. My original intention was to swap in a 4MV from the 100hp AUB for a little more power to go with some airflow modifications. I'd like to keep the original ECU if possible but still reach modified AUB power levels so I have a few questions.

1) Is it even possible to tune the 4LV (75HP) base fuel/spark/rev limit maps up to or beyond the base maps of the 4MV (101HP) or is there a hard limit?

This is preferable and would alleviate an ECU swap, Immo config, VIN, and any other programming that might be required between the two to effect the ECU swap.

If this is not a possibility:

2) Will the 4MV immo prevent re-flash if installed in the car for the sole purpose of 12V power?

I don't have the proper power supply for re-flash out of the car (as seen in several out of tutorial videos), unless the KESS clone comes with a provision to provide 12v power to the ECU out of the car.

3) Can the VIN be changed via re-flash?

I've seen VIN#'s changed through something like VAG-Commander, but I would imagine the VIN can be changed directly in the re-flash settings.

If all of these things can be answered/satisfied, I have a short list of programming requests for a re-flash on either the 4LV or 4MV whichever is utilized:

1) EGR Delete
2) Lambda DTC Deletes that could cause limp mode
3) Rev limit bump to 6.5K (AUA and AUB have no appreciable differences in design preventing this)
4) Fuel and Spark Remap for increased in power (Shooting for 120-130hp)
5) Immo Delete (pending the the decision between the 4LV/4MV)
6) VIN Re-program (if possible/pending 4LV/4MV)

Supporting modifications: 76mm induction, Lupo GTI Intake Manifold (short runners, larger ports), Lupo GTI Injectors, 57mm Throttle Body, Tubular Exhaust Manifold, and 57mm Full Exhaust

I currently have a KESSv2 clone on the way, and no ability to pull the current base map from the vehicle short of the base map dumps here on the site until I get the KESS clone.

Thank you for reading this long question filled post, if there is something I missed or am ignorant of please let me know. If anyone can answer these questions and/or perform the requested file modification, I would be quite appreciative and $upportive.

~Faus7rav3n

faus7rav3n
4th January, 2020, 01:37 AM
Still trying to find some answers, bump.

Meat-Head
4th January, 2020, 01:52 AM
Hi welcome to the worlds best website.

be patient with stuff like this, the pop group U2 still havent found what tgeir looking for.

bear in mind you question and situation is unlikely to have been done by anybody else.
So its trial and error.

if you can put up off ebay another ecu, do so

1) incase you kill it
2) for testing, “map a” on one ecu, “map b” on other
Then you dan upload, drive, pull over, swap and away
3) magnetti marelli. Their almost as weird as my weird friend

faus7rav3n
9th January, 2020, 04:59 AM
Fair enough, the search continues. Thank you for the advice.